Antother weird question...

Candigirl23
on 8/11/11 1:17 am
Does anyone else have a problem with solid food in the mornings? It seems my pouch hates solid food, so I must start out my day with a protein drink, or I will be sick...
~ THE BEST IS YET TO BE ~

laura_vermont
on 8/11/11 1:25 am

Pre-op I was a very regular breakfast eater.... I still eat breakfast everyday, but not before 10am.  I get up at 6, but eating early doesn't sit well anymore. 

I do think it's odd, but at least you're not alone.

Laura

High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/11/11 1:48 am
For over 2 years post op I could not eat any solid food in the morning.  Only maybe last 6 months it is much better.  But there are still days that I have to have proteins shakes, because anything else just makes the pouch really angry. 
IMO - do not force it.   Make sure you do have breakfast - but  do whatever the pouch likes.
Many early days I had to wake up the pouch with something warm - tea, warm water, etc.  Anything cold - made the pouch to spasm and me nauseous for good few hours. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Stacy4442
on 8/11/11 3:16 am
I tend to have more probelms eating in the morning than any other time of day.  I usually have a hard boiled egg or some cottage cheese.  Once in a while I have toast.  But breakfast is the time of day when I have the most nausea, the most intolerances.  I can eat breakfast for dinner and be fine.  I mentioned this to my NP and she said that it is kind of common and she thinks its because we don't drink all night and are a little dry in the morning.  

Carol Y.
on 8/11/11 3:58 am - WY
I have problems with solid food in the mornings. I have a protein drink first because I get really sick if it is solids first. I was never a real breakfast eater before so the protein drink really is a good thing for me in the mornings. I drive a school bus, take my drink with me and it is gone when I am done in the morning and then have a light breakfast afterward.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 303 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics