Stomach flu or RNY related? (maybe TMI)

Jenners
on 8/15/11 12:55 am - Indianapolis, IN
So since Friday I've had horrendous diarrhea.  It lasted through the weekend and now today I feel miserable, just really nauseous.  I called my doctor on Saturday and she just told me to take pepto and immodium and to eat activia.  I just am hoping it's not something caused by my surgery.  What do you guys think?
~*~JEN~*~     

HW: 406   SW: 358   CW: 231      
poet_kelly
on 8/15/11 1:11 am - OH
It's hard to say.  I'm not sure what surgery related problem would cause that, though.

You may be somewhat dehydrated, which could explain why you feel so nauseous today.  I know it's hard to drink a lot when you're nauseous, but try to drink as much as you can today.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Chris N.
on 8/15/11 2:58 am

I do have a tendency toward diarrhea when I've eaten too much fat in my food.  Your tolerance for foods is still low since it hasn't been long since surgery so it could have been a very small amount that set you off (and running!).   Your stomach is very sensitive so it could take a few days of pampering it (soft foods, as tolerated) to get back to normal. 

And yes, it could very well be a virus.   As a previous poster stated, you need to stay hydrated.  Since it's harder for us to drink large quantities that means you should be drinking constantly to balance out all the fluids lost with diarrhea. 

Hope you feel better soon!

~*Chris*~

When one door of happiness closes, another opens:
but often we look so long at the closed door that
we do not see the one which has been opened for us.

Helen Keller

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?