The best Food Tracker I have found....

Kim26
on 8/17/11 9:08 am
This has probably been talked about before, but I thought I would throw out there how awesome My Fitness Pal is.  It is available online and an app on smartphones.  I never tracked my food - even pre-op when I was going through nutrition, I struggled.  This site/app is so awesome. It can take a little time to build up your foods, but once you have used it for a week or two - most everything that you eat is already saved so all you have to do is select it.  It tracks calories, carbs, protein, etc. You can also track your exercise. I have it on my phone, so it makes tracking during the day easy...and everything you input on your phone is sych'd with the online version...so if you were to ever lose your phone, everything is saved on the main site.  I just wanted to share!!!  www.myfitnesspal.com

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces, while regret weighs tons.? - Jim Rohn   
"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." - Bill Cosby

(17 lbs lost pre-op)
ToBeAble
on 8/17/11 9:28 am

Kim,
  I definitely agree! My Fitness Pal is free, it's got a great database and is easy to use, and it syncs online so I can input from my iphone, ipad or computer. I also like that it's got space for daily exercise and food notes -- a feature that was important to me and that wasn't offered with some of the other programs. I check the "Daily" tab each day under the home page to make sure I'm getting enough protein.

Glad to hear it's working well for you!

Laura

RNY 7/30/10  SW 302/CW ~150/First Goal 155 (reached 9/2011)
Extended TT & Medial Thigh Lift 7/16/12.  Arms, Butt Lift 2/6/13. 

Kim26
on 8/17/11 9:40 am
Hi Laura,

Yes, it has really been a helpful tool to assure I am getting enough protein. I also keep track of my weight loss on here (OH)...and now I can go back to a time when I was having really good, steady weight loss and compare it to what I was eating - I can see if when I ate more or less carbs I lost slower, etc.  It's pretty cool - and like you said - free! :)

Another thing that I like with it is just about every food you can change the "serving size" to 1 oz, or 1 piece...so I can customize and count for only what I am eating (I try to weigh all of my chicken, etc.) It's been awesome, and now it's like second nature to take 1-2 minutes and just pop in what I have eatten. 

On another note - you look fantastic!!!!!! 

Take care!
Kim

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces, while regret weighs tons.? - Jim Rohn   
"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." - Bill Cosby

(17 lbs lost pre-op)
ToBeAble
on 8/17/11 10:45 am
Thank you!
rbednarski
on 8/17/11 4:07 pm
RNY on 04/23/10 with
Can you enter a recipe?  I try to do a lot of creative cooking and I need something that lets me enter the ingredients and then have it compute the nutritional profile and then for tracking let me enter the amount I eat and track the nutrition off of that.  I downloaded it to my phone but I didn't see any way to enter recipes.  I saw where I could add a new food, but it expected me to put in the nutritional breakdown.  If the new food is something I just created I don't have th nutritional information to input - I want the program to do that.

I had a program that worked great called LifeForm but it doesn't run under 64 bit Windows 7

Highest ever: 390    Weight at 1st appt.: 365   Weight at surgery: 346

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 469 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 444 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?