Surgery Date

Roxy_52
on 8/22/11 9:59 pm - MN
Finally got a surgery date.  September 27th.  It's been a long haul but I am ready for the big change.  Any suggestions let me know.  I can hardly wait, but it will go fast.
Kim H.
on 8/22/11 10:47 pm - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
Yay for you! I would say that it really helped me to get all my vitamins, some protein, small plates/containers, shaker bottles & water bottles, walking sneakers, work out clothes, and a small blender and food scale in the house so I didn't have to do anything to "start" once I got home. Also, I started to really pay attention to my emotions around food but not really as much as I could have. Doing that helps to identify the reason behind the eating which doesn't disappear after surgery. No matter what you do, you're on the road. That's what matters. Take care of yourself and be proud that you care enough about yourself to make such a commitment to your health. I had lots of questions and would use the "search" to look for older related posts to answer my questions. This website is a great support...use it. Keep us posted and I'm so excited to hear how it all goes. :)

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
mswan66
on 8/22/11 10:56 pm - Northwest, OH
Great ideas of things to do/get for preparing.  My surgery date is 9/14 and I am so excited!
Michele
5'ft 4in   RNY 9/14/11
254 HW / 223.5 CW / 135 GW

davis93
on 8/23/11 1:05 am - NC
 congratrulations. I had my surgery aug 11.  I am not going to say its easy. but will be worth it in the end with the good results. tthe hardest thing i have had to learn is siping and chewing. its an adjustment I wish i had done more pryor to surgery.     
PurplePajamaMama
on 8/23/11 2:18 am
It's good to see so many going through the same thing right now.. I am currently on my pre op liquid diet and my surgery is next Mon 8/29.  It's been a long time coming.  Started this thinking and researching process in May of 2009... Here we all go....