Surgery Tomorrow!

SkinnyHusband
on 8/22/11 6:47 am
My husband has to check in for surgery tomorrow at 11 a.m.

He's in the barn now finishing up the hay since he won't be able to do it after the surgery.  We still have to pick up 40 bales when he's done stacking the 100 bales on the trailer. 

I am impressed that he has the energy to do all that on a clear liquid diet and about 4 protein shakes a day.  what a man!!!

Will post updates when I can.

Michelle
SkinnyHusband's Wife
maggiet
on 8/22/11 7:05 am - Durham, NC
I wish you both luck. Will be thinking about you tomorrow around 11am.

SkinnyHusband
on 8/23/11 1:14 am
thanks maggiet.

we are just about ready to leave for the hospital.  it's about an hour drive south of where we live.

I'll post an update when we get home wednesday night (pending no complications).

Neither one of us slept very well last night. 

Michelle
funeebonez
on 8/23/11 4:23 am - Logan, UT
Good Luck today!!
Keep me posted!!
SkinnyHusband
on 8/24/11 3:54 pm

Hello Melissa,

My husband's surgery went fine.  Dr. Cottam said it only took about 40 minutes.  But, his hospital stay was anything but fine.  the pain pump didn't even come close to covering his pain.  He takes a time-released morphine and lortab 10's every day for chronic back pain.  he's been taking both for about 4 yrs, so the pain pump was like giving him a baby asprin.  They upped his meds and he finally started to get some relief.  Anyway, we finally got them to release him to come home about 7 p.m.  It took forever for them to do the paperwork.  We got home about 10 p.m.

He took his home med when got home.  Hopefully it will help.  I'll  let you know how he's doing tomorrow.

Michelle