Foods You Can Never Have Again Post Surg??

Gilly68
on 8/23/11 6:15 am - Central, IL
RNY on 12/03/12
I am still just in the beginning stages of wanting RNY. I am listing Pros and Cons of surgery...I love food and know that I will (to a certain extent) mourn the foods that I can never again have....other then obvious choices, like sugary sweets, what other things can I never have again? Popcorn? etc....
exohexoh
on 8/23/11 6:18 am - West Chester, PA
 there's nothing i say never too because then i'm just gonna crave it that much more. anything that is a trigger for you i would steer clear of, but then again your taste for it may go away. like i've had ice cream since surgery but only eat may 1/3 cup and then i'm done with it, when before i could probably polish off a whole gallon lol

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

petiteposies
on 8/23/11 6:53 am - FL
thank you...thank you...thank you...  a girl after my own heart, it was impossible for me to quit ice cream....every single darn bite wanted more...more...more!

So thanks it is so good to know I will have some brakes to look forward to in a few weeks!  ....Samantha
Sara L.
on 8/23/11 6:19 am
Keep in mind that I haven't had surgery yet, but everything I've read says that eventually all food will be ok, that there aren't any "never again foods."  I guess if you dump with sugar then maybe you won't have that again....but probably everything else.  Lots of RNY people eat popcorn later on, just not at first.

allvalerie
on 8/23/11 6:22 am - Seward, AK
Rice gives me the foamies but other then that -nothing that I can't have. Just lots of things I shouldn't have but shouldn't have been eating them pre-op either.

Valerie
(deactivated member)
on 8/23/11 6:23 am - Boston, MA
 unless you dump or have other issues with certain foods there isn't any food you shouldn't be able to eat, I'm 5 months out and never had an issue with any food at all.  I ate popcorn at the movies last night yum!  only now I just eat a few handfuls and not an entire bucket! 
H.A.L.A B.
on 8/23/11 6:32 am
That varies from person to person and changes overtime.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 8/23/11 6:37 am - Belleville, IL
I don't know...I am over a year out and have not FOUND a found I couldn't eat yet... I can eat anything, albeit muchSMALLER portions *smile*.

And healthy! I eat healthy! But I can have a bite of cake or a cookie once a week if I want...I just don't WANT "crap" every day. This surgery is 90% MENTAL and only 10% "The surgery"...If you don't eat healthy and exercise then you will regain the weight back. The surgery just allows you to eat LESS and to stick to healthy eating habits.

(I also eat tons of STEAKS, chicken, BBQ, shrimp...You name it! I can even have a couple of french fries...IF I wanted...Honestly...I just don't crave that crap anymore..."bad" foods, actually TASTE bad to me now.)

Good luck!
Warmly,
Jackie

cajungirl
on 8/23/11 6:52 am
For me nothing is off limits.  I watched my choices very diligently early out now when I want something I eat it just make sure I focus on getting in enough protein. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

seeingthelight
on 8/23/11 7:03 am
Im about 10 weeks out ive never had a "dumping" issue, never thrown up after i ate.  There are some things and its actually meats and pasta that dont feel wonderful when im eating it but i think i still need to take smaller bites, but I can eat then and not get sick, I have had a couple bites of stuff that i prob shouldnt eat as is cake or ice cream i dont ever take a slice or a scoop of the bad things just a taste here and there...never had any issues TG
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views