Everything has turned--honest opinions

Jenny_D
on 8/24/11 2:07 am - Canton, GA
I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. That's tough to deal with, especially when you are working on health issues of your own. I wish you and he the best.

I just wanted to chime in and echo everything that was said above me. You will not need help when you get home from the hospital and should do as much for yourself as you can. I had 4 year old and a 21 mo old at the time of my surgery and the only help I needed was with lifting my 21 mo old in and out of the crib and car seat.

I agree that now is the optimal time for you to take care of yourself, because then you will be in much better health when your hubby needs you most.

Good luck to you!
Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

LisaGil
on 8/24/11 11:03 am - VA
 agree that now is the optimal time for you to take care of yourself, because then you will be in much better health when your hubby needs you most.

Optimal time--perfect choice of words that resonate with me. It is the perfect time, no family obligations, no weddings, everybody back on US soil. It is the perfect time, the list is growing!
Thank you

AnneGG
on 8/24/11 2:13 am
I'm with what everyone else says- the high probability is that your surgery will go fine and that your recovery will be uneventful- it's not easy but your husband will surely be able to help more than adequately.

Your journey will be tough emotionally because of your own needs, now complicated by your husband's illness- I know you know that, and I feel so for you. So set up all the emotional support you can, physical support as needed. And you will be so much better off in the long term smaller and healthier.

Please keep us all posted, and I wish you courage and fortitude.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

LisaGil
on 8/24/11 11:07 am - VA
On August 24, 2011 at 9:13 AM Pacific Time, AnneGG wrote:
I'm with what everyone else says- the high probability is that your surgery will go fine and that your recovery will be uneventful- it's not easy but your husband will surely be able to help more than adequately.

Your journey will be tough emotionally because of your own needs, now complicated by your husband's illness- I know you know that, and I feel so for you. So set up all the emotional support you can, physical support as needed. And you will be so much better off in the long term smaller and healthier.

Please keep us all posted, and I wish you courage and fortitude.
Well Ann,
That brought tears to my eyes and I'm not a cryer-you will be so much better off in the long term smaller and healthier. Please keep us all posted, and I wish you courage and fortitude.

We will be better off with me smaller, healthier and pain free-maybe on the pain-remaining open on that.

Thank you I am feeling lighter.
AnneGG
on 8/24/11 12:48 pm
You've got guts, lady- soon to have much less padding around them! I'm glad you're going for it!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

FleurDeLis
on 8/24/11 10:55 am
Kelly stole my thunder.
Look at this a few years out. If you have chronic pain now, can you handle your husband's care a few years from now when you are both older? When he can't do as much for himself? When he can't do as much around the house?
How are you going to feel if he is placed in a nursing home because you couldn't handle things physically?
What happens if you get worse? Or have a heart attack or stroke from the weight?
You need to be in the best physicial condition for the both of you so you can be ready for whatever life may bring. Now more than ever.
LisaGil
on 8/24/11 11:10 am - VA
On August 24, 2011 at 5:55 PM Pacific Time, FleurDeLis wrote:
Kelly stole my thunder.
Look at this a few years out. If you have chronic pain now, can you handle your husband's care a few years from now when you are both older? When he can't do as much for himself? When he can't do as much around the house?
How are you going to feel if he is placed in a nursing home because you couldn't handle things physically?
What happens if you get worse? Or have a heart attack or stroke from the weight?
You need to be in the best physicial condition for the both of you so you can be ready for whatever life may bring. Now more than ever.
Fleur,
When the doctor said Early onset-the first thing I thought of was HOW am I going to care for him with this back/knee pain issue. It made me very sad, angry and more determined than ever to get this weight off.

It is so true and I'm going to print that out, NOW more than EVER is the time. crap, more tears.
thank you, thank you for the reality check. Pffft on the naysayers.
LisaGil
on 8/24/11 11:17 am - VA
I was very scared, which I'm hardly ever, ok the earthquake did bother me a tad, about posting our story. I am so eternally grateful that I did and feel now more than ever that this is the right thing for us. I've hauled my husband to the monthly support group Blue Point has, he's tested the latest greatest, not so great protein choices with me and has reminded me of appointments and cheered me on. He'll be thankful that I'm no longer sitting 3/4 of the way on the "no surgery" side of the fence. I can't wait to show him the awesome reasons that you have all written about and have reinforced what I already knew within me. It's OK to want this for us and WE WILL be better off in the long run for having done this.

Life it's a journey and while we've got a new roller-coaster to ride, at least my butt will fit easier.
I'm off to finish my lists of mushy foods, meds and things to pack.
Thank you again.
Jenny_D
on 8/24/11 11:33 pm - Canton, GA
On August 24, 2011 at 6:17 PM Pacific Time, LisaGil wrote:

"Life it's a journey and while we've got a new roller-coaster to ride, at least my butt will fit easier."

I LOVE that! You should put that as your signature line! It will serve as a great, witty reminder.
Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 253 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 274 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 440 views