New Primary Doctor.

wendygail
on 8/25/11 8:41 am - Live Oak, FL
I had been have some issues with my primary doctor this past year. Not wanting to do blood work, trying to prescribe NSAIDs for my knee and back (arthritis), hard time making appts to name a few. The doctor knew that I cannot take NSAIDS due to WLS. Each time she prescribed them, I had to tell her NO, I can't, and explain why. The nurse has it listed on the first page in my chart that the doctor sees, but she still does it. I was time to do blood work back in June, she didn't do it. Her reason, since my blood work turned out ok last year, don't need it for another year. WRONG!!

There were some other issues, but had enough. Started with a new doctor today. First thing out of his mouth,we are doing blood work today. I want u back in 6 weeks for more blood work. You will have blood work every six months. We had a long talk about my WLS. Come to find out, he has several patients that have had either RNY or Lapband. Very knowledgeable. Finally a doctor that is willing to help, and knows what he's doing
 It's a great day to be alive.        
poet_kelly
on 8/25/11 8:47 am - OH
Good for you.  I hope you made sure to let the old doc know why you were firing her.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

wendygail
on 8/25/11 9:01 am - Live Oak, FL
I did. It went over their heads. The doctor I was seeing has moved to another office.
dasie
on 8/25/11 8:49 am
Wonderful...that must be a load off your mind.

wendygail
on 8/25/11 9:01 am - Live Oak, FL
It sure is.
Paula F.
on 8/25/11 1:13 pm - Rochester Hills , MI
Good for you!  I am sure that took alot of courage to fire your doctor.  Perhaps the fact that the doc you were seeing left the practice was a warning sign.  Weird she didn't want to do bloodwork.  What doctor doesn't want easy money from someone's ins. co?

Your new doc sounds like a winner.   One door closes and another opens! 

Best wishes for good test results and continued success!
wendygail
on 8/25/11 8:01 pm - Live Oak, FL
Thanks Paula F.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?