Popcorn?

thinkingthin2011
on 8/27/11 3:28 am - RI
I am just wondering if we can eat popcorn now? I used to love it and would love to try it now but I am afraid too. Has anyone else eaten it since surgery?

RNY date 6/28/11
Lisa R.
on 8/27/11 3:35 am - CA
I eat about 2-3 bags of that 100 calorie popcorn a week for snack.  Sits fine with me.  I make sure only to eat that little 100 calorie pack cause popcorn is a slider food and you can end up consuming too much if you don't measure.  Plus, the first time you eat it you don't want to eat too much and get sick.

My doctor said to avoid it as it cause it can cause carb craving.  I have always had cravings....so whatever the popcorn can't make it worse! 

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
plum21
on 8/27/11 3:36 am - Miami, FL
 I used to love popcorn.
It doesn't taste too good now. Not bad, but just doesn't feel good.
Try it and let us know.
Jacobsmama08
on 8/27/11 3:37 am - Morgan Hill, CA
Yes, I have, not a huge amount but a handful or two... No adverse reactions. I'm not sure if we are 'supposed to' but I did, I'm such a rebel. LOL.

Highest weight :412, Weight on surgery day (5/2/11): 370.

seeingthelight
on 8/27/11 4:09 am
Had surgery the day before you, I have no problems eating popcorn..I cant eat much of it but it goes down fine
bittybabynurse
on 8/27/11 9:05 am - MN
I heart popcorn! I was so happy when I was okayed for it at about 6 wks. I use an airpopper and then spray it with I can't believe its not butter spray and then sprinkle seasoning on it. SO YUMMY!

Like any other food - try a small amt and see if it works for you. Watch what you put on it and how much you eat...
Highest  272 Consult 265 Goal 165 Current 158    

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker]
Lorrainecma
on 8/27/11 10:42 am
 Popcorn seems to go down better than jsu about any other thing that I eat!! Love it! And watermelon!! Yum!
thinkingthin2011
on 8/27/11 11:31 am - RI
Thank you everyone! I am going to try it tomorrow while I watch the hurricane out the window!

RNY date 6/28/11
dasie
on 8/27/11 6:18 pm

When I first began eating popcorn I would eat then spit it out in a cup.  I was afraid it would swell before I realized it, and it would give me major problems or make me sick.  I was probably 6 months out before it felt "safe enough" to eat.  I think I was just scared.  Now I eat it fairly often.

Most Active
Recent Topics