IRRATIBLITY!!

KarlyBeth
on 8/28/11 1:14 am - KY
I AM SO FREAKIN IRRITATED! Everything gets on my nerves, I am sitting here typing this as my mom is loudly chewing her food like a damn cow and my son keeps talking about something he saw on TV but he keeps talking in circles... things like this never got to me but now I feel like jumping off a damn bridge. I have noticed things like this for about 2 weeks now... could this be related to surgery stuff?!?!?! help, i dont want to end up in the crazy-ward!
lucybecominglucy
on 8/28/11 1:44 am
 I THINK IS CALLED ADDITION TO FOOD WE CAN NO LONGER EAT I LEAVE THE ROOM WHEN MY KIDS ARE EATING  ALSO TV I STOP IT THE FOOD COMMERCIAL DRIVE ME NUTS IF THAT MAKE SENSE I AM JUST WRITING AWAY AND I AM NOT REALLY A WRITER OR READER BUT I HAVE BECOME ONE AGAIN TO MAINTAIN MY SANITY
monicapena
on 8/28/11 1:49 am - OH
Hi ,  Sorry to hear that your going though some emotional issues right now. I know that sucks. I'm not a doctors but after what we just went though and all the changes we still have to deal with I would think that all this has to play some kind of role in this feeling. I already take something for my moods/emotions. I just talked with my doctor and told him what I was feeling and he already seemed to understand and what ever he gave me really helped. Stay strong and just close your eyes and take some deep breaths and tell yourself that you are a strong person and you will get through this. The people around you love you and dont want to make things hard for you. They care about you and really dont truly know what we are dealing with. Stay strong girl, you've come a long way. BIG HUG ! ... Smile
Monica

immafatgirl
on 8/28/11 2:10 am - KY
im doing that before surgery . as soon as i started this journey i had issues with things ppl do and say . this surgery is alot to take it . your body is going thru major changes. i see all the silly things ppl do and ill think WHY?? i hope it eases up for ya. i know it can drive you nuts .. maybe when u feel this way . go for a walk..
glzgowlass
on 8/28/11 2:42 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
Are you on any particular diet right now, pre- surgery?  I go the day after you and while I thought initially I was going to be on a two week optifast diet, so far it looks like I just go liquid for two days before surgery.

I'm going to ask about that this week. 

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

maggiet
on 8/28/11 2:32 am - Durham, NC
Don't forget all the hormones stored in your fat that are now coming out into your system. And major surgery on top of losing the comfort of food and having to follow difficult rules. Your life is gonna be harder for a while. And of course you are gonna be irratable. It doesn't last. Soon, things start feeling better becuase your body is getting healthier.

When I was about as far out as you we went grocery shopping. When we got to our car there was a napkin on the windsheild that someone wrote on. It said, "why so serious?" - I was hurt by it. I mean it had to be someone I knew or someone who knew me from my job with the public. but, sheesh, I was dealing with nausea that day, couldn't find anything interesting to eat and was all around miserable and irritabel.

All that is to say, yep, it is normal and I really do think it will go away if you can suffer through  it for a while. You aren't tunring into an ogre. lol

poet_kelly
on 8/28/11 3:22 am - OH
Your hormones are all out of whack (kind of like right after having a baby) and if you used to eat junk to make yourself feel beter, you can't do that anymore.  Try to identify other things that help you relax.  If you continue to feel this irritable, you can talk to your doc about prescribing something temporarily for anxiety.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/11 10:34 am - Santa Cruz, CA
As we lose weight rapidly, all the hormones stored in our fat cells dumps into our systems. 

It can be like super-PMS.  Talk to your doctor about something to take the edge off before
you feel like sharpening up some kitchen knives!!!  (Just a joke, of course!!!)

Best wishes,