TON of post-op...ness

Arinsho2
on 8/29/11 2:12 pm
Well it's been 3 weeks since my revision from band to bypass and I must say it has been a few crazy weeks. First off I have lost 27 pounds however the weight is coming off in all the areas I don't want it to (you all know where I am talking about lol) Anyway, I'm staying out of work for another 3 weeks and I am super happy I'm taking the full 6 weeks.

I have had a few NSV as well, the one that I am most happy about is I can now put my fingers around my wrist!
And despite all the people saying that I look good, my "boyfriend" say it to for the first time last night!! It just feels good to hear it!

Now I do have a few questions, why is it I can't get in my water when I'm drinking liquids but when I have ice all day I can get it all in? It's so weird!
What are some other ways to get in all my protein? I am on soft foods for this week and I can't seem to get in much...PLEASE HELP!!!

Last but not least, I know that people always say that this is the best thing that they ever done, and they would do it again in a heart beat, however I don't really feel that way. Will I ever?
Arin----Revision from Band to BYPASS!!!!                        
AnneGG
on 8/29/11 3:29 pm
I'm pretty sure you're going to get to that place of immense gratitude! I spent my first 4 months nauseated just awfully, and had frequent regrets. But now that I'm at goal and healthy and realize I never could have done it by myself? I'd do it again with even more complications.

As for your liquids- whatever works! Ice it is! As for the protein, do your best. That will improve with time, too.

Hang tough! It will get better!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

poet_kelly
on 8/30/11 11:16 am - OH
No one can tell you how you will eventually feel.  I imagine the reason you don't feel like it was the best thing you've ever done and would do it again in a heart beat is because you just had surgery three weeks ago so you haven't experienced really great weight loss yet (because it takes time) and you're still on a limited diet and maybe still having some discomfort from surgery.  Do you think you might feel different a year from now if you are at your goal weight, or close to it, and can eat just about anything you want in moderation and no longer have health problems related to being overweight?

As far as ways to get your protein in, protein shakes are probably the easiest way right now because I can't imagine how you could possibly eat enough soft food to get the 60-70 grams or however much you need.  But you can also eat Greek yogurt, and add protein powder to things like yogurt, pudding, soup, etc.  You can make protein ice cream.  You can eat string cheese and thin sliced deli meat.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views