Ketosis and Engery... Where is the energy

Shelly D.
on 8/29/11 11:02 pm - Grandview, TX
I have bene reading post about bring in ketosis and this sudden burst of energy that people are getting. I am not sure if I am in ketosis but I am having the breath issue BUT where in the world is the energy. LOL I havent been able to get all of my protein in, right now they want me to focus on the fluids. Could this be the issue cause I have yet to find the new found energy. I have only weighed twice since surgery and at my 2 week I was down 20 lbs. I am starting to get anxious and I want to weight and see where I am at. I have got to get over this anxiety thing. lol

RYN-8/10/2011
HW-320
CW-191
GW-150

Kim H.
on 8/29/11 11:47 pm - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
I have to say that my energy has been up and down with no obvious patterns. Just yesterday, I went to the gym and walked for 30 min then did 10 minutes of weights. When I got home I took a two hour nap to recover. So, I would just listen to your body and take one day at a time. As for the scale, I have to only weight weekly otherwise I get really obsessed with the idea that I'm going to fail. In fact, even weighing weekly might be too much for me right now. I'm trying to focus on the changes in my lifestyle and remember that the weight will naturally come off if I follow my plan. That helps with the anxiety but I feel your pain! Don't worry, just take it one day at a time. Take care!

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
Dave Chambers
on 8/30/11 12:05 am - Mira Loma, CA
FOCUS on your water intake, or you'll regret it. My wife had a RNY revision from a 1980 gastric surgery in 2007. I warned her about hydration, since I had my RNY the year before.  She still ended up back in the hosptital from dehdration, another hospital stay of 4-5 days.  The "energy" issue varies with each patient. Some feel it return in a couple of weeks, and yet others say it takes 3-4 months.  Daily exercise will likely help too.  Follow the protocol and you'll feel better. Adding unflavored whey isolate protein to soft foods may help too. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

CarolinaJerseyGirl
on 8/30/11 12:52 am
I didn't get my energy bac****il my 5th week post op. Have been feeling great ever since.
Sandy  

Lisa R.
on 8/30/11 12:54 am - CA
 Energy, at 3 weeks out!  LOL....no such thing!  Sorry I don't mean to laugh at you, I just think back at how low energy I was at 3 weeks out.  There were not even little burst of it.  It was about 3 months out before I got any sort of real energy back.  But it does come back, even thought there will be days you don't fell like it will.

Why are you so stressed out about weighing yourself?  Weigh yourself everyday if you want.  I weigh once a week, but when I hit a slow period or a stall I weigh everyday cause I feel better when I do.  Find the scale combination that works for you.  Some people are good with never getting on the scale others do it 3 times a day.  There is no right or wrong, it is personal.  Find what works for you, but if you are this anxious, then get on the scale and see!  BUT!  Also get a pair of pants that you can always try on to see how big they are getting and take measurements so if there are times where you are not losing, and trust me there will be, then put on the pants and take measurements and you will see changes there if not on the scale.  

You are in that time where you feel like "Hey I had surgery why am I not skinny yet" LOL we all get that way!  Remember Rome was not built in a day.  About 3 months out you will hit that point where you look in the mirror and say "who is that thin person looking back at me" it's an awesome feeling, you will get there before you know it.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
SweetLilyAnn
on 8/30/11 1:40 am - TX
I am 10 weeks out and still pretty wiped out. I have been exercising alot more these last two weeks but still am pooped. I am hoping like Lisa said, that at three months-ish, my energy will kick in. But for now, as I type this....wish I could take a nap....LOL!!!!

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown -