How Long Till You Felt Normal Again??

AmberLee72
on 9/7/11 5:23 am
I'm at 11 weeks...so almost 3 months and still dont feel 100% normal. Sorry We will get there though! I guess it's all patience.
Alexandra R.
on 9/7/11 7:48 am - Naples, FL
It took me about 2 and a half months for all my weakness to fully go away. SImple things like showering made me feel like I would pass out, and I'm only 19.
TrueNorthFriend
on 9/7/11 10:30 am - Canada
 Energy.... I am 58.

22 mos out.  No complications.

About 2 - 3 months to feel pretty normal.  But in that first year - lots of sudden weakness - I think from blood sugar dropping.  I totally made sure I got my protein and vitamins...  but that first year the pouch is so small and calorie wise we are eating very little.  Calories are energy after all!  Rapid weight loss affects us in different ways.  For me, it really hit hard in the energy department.

I'd go for walks and end up calling my husband to come get me - because I couldn't make the return trip.  Couldn't count on myself to KNOW that I could manage a hike, or a day at work - although aside from the first 5 weeks I haven't taken any time off work.

I did travel to the Philippines and worked there for 6 weeks at the 3 month mark... so I've done very well - but my felt experience in that first year was one of frequent fatigue and weakness.

NOW - good energy and feeling my new normal - someone who can easily manage 100k biking each week.  8)

As someone else said -  you will get there.  And pay attention to your body!  If tired.  REST!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 49 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 294 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 299 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 339 views