How Long Till You Felt Normal Again??

wynter57
on 9/7/11 1:50 am - Panama City, FL
I am still tired and weak feeling. For example I would not be able to go in the store and go shopping, I'd be too tired for that. I am 16 days out.

Keep in mind I'm 53 years old, I had a revision surgery and was on the operating table 4-5 hours. Was readmitted after being out of the hospital for a week and admitted for grueling tests where I was on an IV only with nothing by mouth. Just started my Stage 3 soft mushy food diet and have only eaten very few things.

So, I guess I just want to know how long it took other folks to get their energy back?

Thanks!
Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

poet_kelly
on 9/7/11 2:03 am - OH
Three months.  But I developed very severe pneumonia after my surgery so I think that is part of why it took me long to feel normal again.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Dan OBrien
on 9/7/11 2:06 am - FL
Took me about 4 weeks as I had some complications as well.  Was still tired alot after 3 weeks when I returned to work, but focused on getting to bed early and getting the much needed rest.  You'll get there. 
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

astrochick18
on 9/7/11 2:10 am, edited 9/7/11 2:10 am - Archer, FL
It took me 5-6 weeks to feel normal again. I consider it normal when I have no more pain or anything. My largest incision was achy for about 6 weeks.

I was also extremely tired for the first 2-3 weeks. I think its because your body is not getting all the nutrients it needs on the liquid/pureed stage diet. You should start having more energy after you get through those.

I am 11 weeks out and feel like I have more energy that I ever have!

Waysta
on 9/7/11 2:10 am - TX
I am 59 years old.  I went back to work at 3 weeks out, but, my job is one that I can sit if necessary.  I was extremely tired and glad I took the extra week off.  (I was told I could go back at 2 weeks out.)  I didn't shop for at least a month and it was only short, quick trips.  Give yourself time....you will build the energy.  The more you move, the more you will be able to move !! 
Slow and steady !!!!  Have a Blessed Day !!!!!!                             
patricejj72
on 9/7/11 2:22 am - CA
I had surgery 2 days after you. I am still very tired as well. I can go shopping for short periods of time. If I'm standing still for 10-15 minutes, I need to sit down. The thought of walking on or off a treadmill is not appealing at all right now. I bought a stationary bike that I will begin to use tomorrow so that I'm getting some sort of exercise in the interim. As mentioned earlier, I think you (we) will gain strengh when your diet is advanced and you are able to get in more nutrients. That's my hope as well. I wish you well!
weein
on 9/7/11 2:27 am - CA
It took me 3 months to feel normal again. It just takes time. You have had a lot go on. Each day will get better and easier.

Eileen

lilbear412
on 9/7/11 2:38 am - MN
 I am only just about 2 weeks out.  I feel pretty decent but i didn't have any surgery problems.  I still feel tired though and don't have as much energy as i would like.  I can go shopping and i can drive.  i have very little pain accept when i lay on my left side it feels really snarky and weird inside so i generally don't sleep on my left yet.  I do however feel a little light headed some and i am 48 so i am not a spring chicken either anymore..lol  i do have to say because we are eating such small amts of food and mostly only protein that is why its slower for us to bounce back.  I am still just concentrating on getting all my water in in a day.  You had it a bit harder than me so i would go with what the others are saying..it will take time.  try to get your fluids in, what food you can eat in and move as much as you can.  You will heal slowly 

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

ladybugnessa
on 9/7/11 2:43 am - Owings Mills, MD
three months. but I went back to work at 3 weeks...

Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

labellavita1982
on 9/7/11 2:49 am - Neenah, WI
It took me 2 months to fully feel like me again and I'm 28

HW-500lbs SW-381 CW-235 GW-185
Steph
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 94 views