A deep burning hurt

stacyeparker
on 9/10/11 12:31 am - South Charleston, WV
Well I am still having issues with getting my liquids and protein in. I think I eat maybe 4g of protein a day. I can't stand the whey protein I have and can't get my husband to buy me any from anywhere but walmart.
My post however is about a problem I have with everything that touches my pouch. Be it liquid or food. I get a deep burning sensation in my belly. Even the smallest drink of someting causes it.
I have been meaning to call my surgeon but his office is closed on fridays and thats when I finally decided to call. So I thought I would get some opinions on here to see if anyone else has had this.
My mom sugested an ulcer, I so hope that is not it.
ladyprof
on 9/10/11 1:00 am - Marion, AR
Stacy, can you order some protein online for yourself? I have trouble with supplements too but am trying Isopure.  Can you tolerate cheese, skim milk, cottage cheese?  Half a cup of cottage cheese has 14 g protein. You really need to work on getting proteins in or you're going to damage yourself.  Read poet_kelly's post a couple days ago that had a title like "what happens if we don't get enough protein?"  It will sober you--it sure did me.

Good luck to you.  I'm kinda worried about you.

Debbie

stacyeparker
on 9/10/11 1:35 am - South Charleston, WV
I wil look into that post.  I try to eat only things that have protein in them, I just seem to either eat too quickly or too much, and vomit everything up.  I have tried drinking just skim milk but find it has an unplesant taste.
I have got to the point I just hate eating and end up only eating about once a day.
poet_kelly
on 9/10/11 1:13 am - OH
Do you have to rely on your husband to buy your protein?  Can you go to GNC orVitamin Shoppe yourself, or order some online?

I don't know what the burning sensation is.  It does sound like you need to call your doc.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

stacyeparker
on 9/10/11 1:37 am - South Charleston, WV
I don't drive so it's hard for me to get places. As for online, I don't have my own bank account so hubby says what I buy. He is hesitant to buy online incase I dont like what I get. I have been looking into getting sample packs I just have to catch a time we have money in the account.
flyingwoman
on 9/10/11 4:19 am
 Hiya,

I'm a little concerned about you from your post. That sounds to me like a tough way to live - with very little personal autonomy. Is this just something that happened, the way you prefer to live, or is it this they way your husband likes it to be?

best,

~Mo

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
Dave Chambers
on 9/10/11 1:18 am - Mira Loma, CA
NOT everyone likes any brand of protein, it's a personal taste thing.  You need more the 4g of protein daily, period.  Post op life is not on a "Walmart budget" for everything.  You need high protein food sources, more expensive that fast food or other high carb, high calorie foods.  Touchy pouch issues are not uncommon for new post ops. I do hope your surgeon has you on Prilosec or a similar product for the first 2-3 months, as this will help.  If you have "credit card supervision" by others, then I'd suggest a pre paid card like several advertised--Green dot, Rushcard, etc.  You can place money on these to order online. OR, use Paypal with vendors that accept that, like Ebay, etc.  You may have to try multiple proteins until you find one you can tolerated well.  Your hubby is living in "LALA Land" if he thinks you'll have optimum success if he controls all expenses.  What about other supplements?  You need calcium citrate, not the cheapest form of calcium.  You should be taking dry D3 in a pill or capsule form (not softgel), again, not the inexpensive form of vitamin D.  You'll sublingual B12, possible iron injections, etc.  You can't buy everything at Walmart.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

stacyeparker
on 9/10/11 1:40 am - South Charleston, WV
I am not on prilosec or anything like that, I will mention it to my surgeon when I call.
I have yet to start any suppliments, I have expressed my need for them but things keep getting put off. my husband is the type to forget things a lot. With me not driving it makes it hard to get things.
Dave Chambers
on 9/10/11 1:58 am - Mira Loma, CA
Forgetting to take supplements by the patient will lead to more health issues in coming months. It's a mandatory part of post op life--DAILY supplements. You can't skimp and buy the cheapest form either. If you husband has a sieve for a memory, you'll have buy them yourself.  Post ops have to be proactive and look out for themselves.  Don't forget to get regular lab tests done. AND keep printed copies of lab results. With printed results you can see what you need to increase to bring things to a normal range. FYI, the ideal range for b12 is 1000, and vitamin D is 80-90.  You need sublingual B12 for proper absorption. You'll also need a dry D3 for proper absorption of your calcium. Calcium citrate is the only form of calcium you should purchase, even though it costs more than other forms of calcium.  I highly suggest you attend support groups. If you can drag "Mr. Walmart" with you, hopefully he'll begin to understand the importance of these post op items he seems to forget or only believe are stocked at Walmart. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

AnneGG
on 9/10/11 3:54 am
Please do call your Dr. on Monday! Your pain could very well be an ulcer.

And please make sure you take care of yourself, and make sure your husband does, too! Be a strong advocate for yourself!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 276 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 245 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 368 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 203 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 136 views
Recent Topics