TMI--- ladies only please! Abscess on labia

Shelly S.
on 9/11/11 10:57 pm - Mason, MI
Ok, I searched the forums for anything on this subject and found a couple discussions from 2009. In the midst of your weight loss, has anyone experienced reoccurring in the cysts or abscess in the labia region? I am wondering if my experience is related to the hormones that were trapped in the fat that is coming off.
I am in a good losing phase right now and have been on antibiotics and have had the OBGYN lancea really big abscess, ouch! Now, I am having a reoccurance.

So just putting it out there to see if this is something to be aware of as we are losing weight.

Thanks!
Shelly Smith    
HW 326 SW 293 CW 180 GW 160        
Onmyweightohappine
ss

on 9/11/11 11:22 pm - Houston, TX
I had problems with this a lot before surgery, in that region and on my inner thighs but haven't experienced them since having surgery.

Hope you find some answers!
 Follow my blog at:
onmyweightohappiness.blogspot.com/                             

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/11/11 11:24 pm - OH
I had an infected Bartholin's gland a couple of years ago (sometime after I had surgery, but I don't remember when), but it went away after just a couple of days on antibiotics (once I got the courage to see the doctor, LOL) and it never recurred.  It was very painful to walk or sit with it, though!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Pupcake !.
on 9/11/11 11:50 pm - Stranded in, IA
Has the OB run cultures on the abscesses?

Once they figure out what bacteria is causing them perhaps you could take low dose antibiotics daily to prevent recurrence.

Ask if it is a cyst or an abscess.  The cyst capsule/sack  should be removed or it will keep filling up with crud.

These problems are common in thin and heavy people.

Good luck

Pup

No surgery has been harmed/defamed by the writer of this post.  
RNY 10/28/03 305# 8/11/04 147#  9 years out and >75% EWL!

keepitoff91
on 9/12/11 12:19 am
OMG, I can relate.  I had a problem with these on and off since having children.  I found for me, the best way to battle them is to wear panties with little or no elastic or heavy seems along the bottom, panty line.  For me, I think a lot of it was friction and irritation forming a really large cyst/pustule.  I rarely get them now, but can relate to how painful they can be!!!

A warm compress can help until it's ready to drain. 

Shelly S.
on 9/12/11 12:21 am - Mason, MI
Thanks so much!
Shelly Smith    
HW 326 SW 293 CW 180 GW 160        
(deactivated member)
on 9/12/11 12:29 am - Santa Cruz, CA
I recently had to deal with one right on the panty line on the inside of my leg; the only thing to do is to wait for it to drain and then apply topical antibiotic ointment. Very painful, I know.

theabunny71
on 9/12/11 12:36 am
I had them also on labia and were around my period time and yes very painful due to location.  If this is what it is then I did hot baths and warm compresses and that would help break or pop them.  Sometimes i would squeeze myself cause i couldnt stand them but you have to have a high pain threshhold for that.  Ouchy!

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/11 1:41 am - Boston, MA
 I had one pre op, I was so freaked out about it.. I went to the doctor she said to use a sitz bath every night and if it hadn't drained in a week I had to have it drained by the doctor.. on day 3 it drained.. after the sitz bath I would just put a little pressure on it.. and it opened up ..and I was 100% better after that, no more pain.  good luck!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 430 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 290 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 162 views
Recent Topics