SCALE????

coolcatkimmie
on 9/13/11 1:33 pm - Haughton, LA
I made a decision to toss the scales before I had my surgery, so when I came home, I would not weigh myself every time I passed by them. I have only weighed one time since my surgery on 8/18/11, and that was at my first post-op visit. My next visit is on the 28th, so I am excited to see what they say! I let the scale rule my life for 25 years, I refuse to let the little number in the square determine how I feel about myself for the day. I can honestly say that has been the most freeing thing I have ever done. Not saying that I will never weigh myself again, but I feel that at this point in my life, weighing when I have my doctor's visits is plenty. After I reach my goal and start to maintain, then I will be able to tell if I am gaining by how my clothes are fitting. If they start getting a little snug I can adjust my diet at that time. I figure there are scales at the gym and at my doc's office and if the need arises in the future for me to need to weigh, then those are acceptable places to step on the scale, but for me, never having them in my house again works for me.
  Kimberly                     Faith makes things possible, not easy!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 460 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 354 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics