ugh!

nkara
on 9/13/11 11:14 am
 I finally finished all the doctors appointments required so submit to my insurance company.  I'm looking to revise from my "alien baby" or Realize Band.      Long story short... my body has not liked my band since I had it put in.  I am in constant pain, can't have fluid etc..... 

Anyway - I am now waiting for insurance approval and now I am also in school for the Fall semester.  If I get approved I don't know if I can really afford to miss classes... how soon did you feel like you could function after surgery and returning home?   I would love to not miss any classes if possible or at the least miss one week.  I'm full a full time student this semester so I'm already panicked!  

Thanks for letting me ramble.
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Kim H.
on 9/13/11 11:28 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
Yay! Good for you! I would just tell you doctor to schedule you on the first day after your last day of classes. I'm in school too and I know I wouldn't have been able to deal with it after surgery. Call your insurance company and ask them how long the approval was good for so you won't worry. Mine was for 3 months which gave me some flexibility. Good luck and keep us posted!

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
Debra P.
on 9/13/11 1:30 pm - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 Can't you let your teachers or counselor know you will be out for medical issues and get the assignments in advance to do while you are off ?

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 1:51 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
I was pretty wiped out the first week or so; I'm not sure I could have concentrated enough to be a student.

Maybe someone could take class notes for you???? Talk to your
instructor and counselor.

Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics