Confession and help??

Shelly D.
on 9/13/11 11:37 am - Grandview, TX
COnfession---I am not sure how much I am supposed to be able to eat and I am not sure I am supposed to be eating this yet HOWEVER I did chew chew chew. I ate 3 chicken nuggets (that I oven baked for my husband) I dont feel full either. Please help!!!!!! I am so worried that my pouch is bigger and not working

RYN-8/10/2011
HW-320
CW-191
GW-150

Bucketta
on 9/13/11 12:09 pm
 I was not allowed solid food that early out even if I did chew, chew, chew.  My doctor told me he did not want my stomach working to digest that type of food.  There were days at first that I was hungry which was unusual for me since I had the band prior to my revision but I am now rarely hungry and have to make myself eat.  

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

Shelly D.
on 9/13/11 12:12 pm - Grandview, TX
I know I screwed up and should not have eaten solid food. I have to get over these temptations, I had this for a reason and I need to make it work. Why am I letting things get to me, I didnt go through this to fail!!!!!!! I am disappointed in myself.

RYN-8/10/2011
HW-320
CW-191
GW-150

Hillery82211
on 9/13/11 12:51 pm - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
uh....I'm not understanding what the problem is....3 chicken nuggets isn't enough to strech out your pouch.  And I'm assuming that the niggets were not hard...so as long as you chewed them to an apple sauce consistency (which is what my diet requirements are) you're fine.  I've been eating soft/mushy foods for about 2 weeks now and I just introduced sliced turkey that I chew, chew, chew and my NUT has said that it's ok.
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
Mia H.
on 9/13/11 1:45 pm - OH
 Doctor's eating plans vary.  I was allowed soft solid food at day 5.  So follow your doctor's plan.  You may not feel full or hunger for a while this early out. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 1:48 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Stop beating yourself up.  You haven't broken even one of the 10 Commandments, and I swear
you haven't stretched your pouch.

You really shouldn't be eating chicken nuggets just yet, unless you've gotten your surgeon's OK.
Try tuna, shrimp, scallops, refried beans w/grated cheese, cottage cheese, yoghurt, etc.

Don't rush yourself, let your tummy heal.  You'll be able to nibble on chicken nuggets one of these days.

Be nicer to yourself.
AnneGG
on 9/13/11 1:17 pm
The importent piece is that you forgive yourself and get back on the horse regarding your Dr's program for you. This post-op process takes lots of practice and learning to make healthy choices for ourselves. This isn't about failure, it's about being determined to succeed, one day at a time.

You can do it!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

poet_kelly
on 9/14/11 1:56 am - OH
Call your dietician and schedule an appointment.  I don't understand why he or she did not already provide you with a meal plan that tells you how much and what you should be eating, but since you do not have that information, call today to make an appointment to get answers to those and any other questions.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics