Is there an Omega 3 supplement that we can absorb well?

samsander
on 9/21/11 1:17 am - CA
Appreciate any advice.

Kelly???

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

poet_kelly
on 9/21/11 2:14 am - OH
I'm not sure, but isn't it always in oil?  Which would mean we would absorb some of it but not all of it or not real well.  I did take flaxseed oil in soft gels for a while after surgery when I had really dry, itchy skin and it did seem to help so I'm assuming I absorbed enough of it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Eliza55
on 9/21/11 2:59 am - PA
I've tried the Coromega Omega 3.  It is in a little queeze packet.  It seems to work for me, but I'm not thrilled about the taste. 
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Hillery82211
on 9/21/11 3:48 am - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
I've seen the chewable/gummy Omgea three supplements in Target....maybe try one of those since it's not oil based it might be better absorbed?
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
(deactivated member)
on 9/21/11 3:49 am - TX
I love the taste of Coromega. It sure beats fish burps. It is also supposed to be highly absorbable.
tyvette007
on 9/21/11 4:25 am
I also use CorMega. I havent had any problems.
ChrissyD70
on 9/21/11 5:23 am - O'Fallon, MO
 I dont think gummy anythings are good for us..  I use the Coromega. Orange is my fave but also have choc/orange.  They are on sale buy 1/get 1 at walgreens.com  If you dont like the taste, sneak it in a smoothie, yogurt, etc.  There is also Nordic Naturals from Whole Foods which is a liquid, stays in the fridge and also does a really good job. It has much more natural ingredients in it.
The downside is that both are expensive.  But why pay for gummies or gelcaps if they dont work for us?
Also with Coromega, if you send them 4 UPC symbols, they will send you a free box.  Between that and the BOGO, damage to wallet isnt so bad.  coromega.com also used to offer $5.00 coupon.

Good luck!!
I am very good at having opinions and always willing to share :)  Not shy at all!
Check out my site.. www.showmetheskinny.weebly.com

samsander
on 9/21/11 5:32 am - CA
Thanks everybody... I will take a look at the CorOmega!

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160