Labs (Please, Kelly?)

Kelly S.
on 9/21/11 2:48 am - MA
Chemistry - Other
Albumin  4.1 (range 3.4-4.8 GM/DL)
Calcium  9.7 (range 8.5-10.5 MG/DL)
Iron - 41 range (37-170 UG/DL)
Total Iron Binding Capacity  271 (range 250-450 UG/DL)
% Iron saturation 15 (range 15-40%)
Ferritin 89 (range 10-240 NG/ML, w/ a note about post-menopausal women, which I'm not)
Transferrin 193 (range 192-382 MG/DL)

Chemistry - Metabolic
PTH, Intact 13 (11-80 PG/ML)
RBC Folate 586 (range 280-791 NG/ML)

Chemistry - Vitamin
Vit B1      25 (range 9-44 nmol/L)
Vit B12    545 (range 211-911 PG/ML)
Vit D 25 Hydroxy  87 (range 20-100 ng/mL (note here that this is used to determine need for supplementation. Results between 20 and 30 ng/mL are borderline and may indicate the need for supplementation)
Vit D - D3  87 (no range given)
Vit D - D2

docd
on 9/21/11 5:06 am - AZ
what doctor ordered them (surgeon or primary care), and what did he or she say about them?
vitalady
on 9/21/11 12:18 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Not Kelly, but just pointing out your D and PTH are the stuff of dreams, but your calcium is higher than I like, which means you need to take MORE.

D2 doesn't matter. What we want is the D 25 (which is usually very close to D3)

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

poet_kelly
on 9/21/11 6:28 am - OH
Is there a total protein level listed with the CMP on there?  Your albumin is good which usually means your protein is good but I didn't see a total protein listed.

I would up your iron.  It's at the bottom of the normal range now, but your ferritin is good.  You want to keep your ferritin good and if your  iron drops much more, you're going to start withdrawing iron from your ferritin - it's kinda like your savings account.  It's best if you can increase the money in your purse and leave your savings acount untouched.

Your PTH is great.  That's one we actually like at the lower end.  It's parathyroid hormone and if it is on the high side, it tells us we might be leaching calcium out of our bones, which of course we don't want to do.

B1 is fine.

B12 is actually lower than you want, even though it's in the middle of their normall range.  When it gets around 550, many people start getting tired and depressed.  Ideally it would be around 1000.  So I'd increase your B12.

Your vitamin D is FANTASTIC.  How much D3 are you taking?  Keep doing what you're doing, it is absolutely perfect.

I forgot to pay attention to how far out you are.  Are these all the labs they drew?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kelly S.
on 9/21/11 8:45 am - MA
Ugh! The whole thing didn't post!  Let me give you the rest...

Vit D2

Kelly S.
on 9/21/11 8:46 am - MA
It's not letting me post the whole thing??? This is weird.  Can I send you a private message or something?

poet_kelly
on 9/21/11 8:48 am - OH
I got no clue why it won't let you post the rest, but yeah, you can PM me if you want.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kelly S.
on 9/21/11 8:55 am - MA
Just sent - thanks!!

Kelly S.
on 9/21/11 9:04 am - MA
Vit D2

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/11 11:25 am - Port Orange, FL
Hi Kelly ... I have a question for you ... what is protein powder?  I know it is not the powder I use from the big tub for my shake so what is it?
Please tell e all about it ... Thank you ...Samantha
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 213 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 282 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?