HOW MUCH FOOD CAN YOU EAT AT THREE WEEKS???????

ALSGIRL02
on 9/25/11 8:40 am
I HAD SURGERY ON AUGUST 30TH AND IM JUST TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW BIG IS MY POUCH I WEIGHED MY FOOD LAST NIGHT AND I ATE .5 PEICE OF TALAPIA AND .5 ASPARAGUS AND I DIDNT FEEL FULL. SHOULD I HAVE EATEN MOE FISH?? TRYING TO GET ENOUGH PROTIEN
poet_kelly
on 9/25/11 8:43 am - OH
.5 what?  Half of an ounce?  Half of a pound?  I'm not sure what amount you're talking about.

I measure my food by volume because your pouch holds a certain volume of food.  Your pouch doesn't weigh food and then reject it if it weighs too much.

At three weeks out you should probably be eating between two and four ounces.  How much did your surgeon and dietician recommend you eat?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kellyl1202
on 9/25/11 8:51 am
I agree w/ Kelly -you should prob be eating 2-4 oz per meal. Do you have info on this from your Dr? That's what you need to go by.
ALSGIRL02
on 9/25/11 8:57 am
HALF AN OUNCE. I DONT HAVE A DIETICIAN. BUT THANKS SO I SHOULD BE EATING BETWEEN 2TO 4 ONCES A MEAL. THANK YOU
Dan OBrien
on 9/25/11 9:13 am, edited 9/25/11 9:13 am - FL
Tilapia is going to grind up small when you chew it.  Look up whatever you are eating online - Google: Tilapia Protein.  4 oz of Tilapia has 29.65g of protein.  So at 1/2 an ounce you only got 3.68g of protein.

Try different foods too.  I found some fish like tilapia do not fill me like tuna or another firm fish.  Chicken really fills me quick.  I cook a bunch of chicken up - found pounding it thin makes it nice and tender and easy to eat - and cut it into 2 oz portions.  One of those fills me up, and I had surgery 8/1.  But I will probably have 3 of those throughout the day at work, bumping my protein and not taking in unnecessary carbs.

Remember to eat your proteins first and then your veggies.
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

Dave Chambers
on 9/25/11 10:10 am - Mira Loma, CA
Go to http://whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=nutrient&dbid=92 to see a very extensive listing of high protein content foods.  Eat the portion size your surgeon suggests.  Initially typically a 2 oz meal, and likely more at 5 months or so.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

lilbear412
on 9/25/11 11:49 am - MN
 i was eating 3 TABLESPOONS of food at 3 weeks and now i am on 5 weeks and eating about 1/4 cup or 4 TABLESPOONS.  I can usually eat that or less at breakfast and lunch but at dinner i seem to be so much more hungry and i bet sometimes i eat up to 5 Tablespoons but not more than that.  I try to listen to my body and stop when i feel full even tho i can't really feel full yet.  So i know when i sigh..my body is content if that makes any sense.  lol i can't get enough protein out of my food yet.  trying to do protein shakes and pudding and stuff though.

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

LJ1972
on 9/25/11 12:44 pm - FL
my "full sign"  is a sigh as well!! Cracks me up lol
rbb825
on 9/25/11 1:27 pm - Suffern, NY
at 3 weeks, I was allowed 1 ounce of protein at  a time and that was it.  I was allowed to eat 6 to 8 times per day, every 2 hours but only 1 ounce at a time. Our pouch is tiny, the size of an egg and if you try to stuff 4 ounces in it right away, you are going to stretch it.

Marti2
on 9/25/11 1:50 pm

My surgery was 9/2/2011.  I'm on soft foods and my surgeons rules of course are different than others.  I'm at 1 - 2 oz every other hour.  Really soft foods I can eat more, but am trying not to push, denser foods if I eat more than 1 1/2 oz  I don't feel so good. 

Most Active
Recent Topics