Groupon, how do I hate thee? Let me count the ways

Susan_U
on 9/28/11 12:00 pm - Ontario, CA
Normally I don't mind all that much when a site is supported by ads.  But there is one on this site that drives me bonkers!

Groupon.   Aargh!!!! It bombed me again just now!  So, why do I hate it so much?

1.  The ad is constantly popping up--#@!%%$! it just did it again!--and taking over my screen.
2.  When it pops up it just will NOT go away.  Click the x...over, and over, and over and over again...it is the ad that just will not die.
3.  It pops up at all sorts of illogical yet extremely annoying moments.
4.  Click "reply" and BOOM there it is. 
5.  Click "send reply" and BOOM there it is. 
6.  Realize that you left out a work or didn't capitalize something & move the cursor to fix the problem....BOOM there it is.

$%%!@@$%$@@!!! It just hit me AGAIN!!! 

Does this happen to anyone else?!?  Some days it's so bad that I have to leave the site and come back on 2 or 3 times before I can read posts or make posts without the terrible Groupon attack making life miserable.  I even have taken to copying posts and PMs before I send them just in case Groupon makes it impossible to post something.

By this time the Groupon folks have lost any business that they might ever have gotten fom me. 
exohexoh
on 9/28/11 12:34 pm - West Chester, PA
i never get pop-ups on here... maybe it's because i use a mac? i get them on other sites so i know it's not a pop-up blocker...

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

SoulLips
on 9/28/11 2:02 pm - Cloverdale, CA
I don't get pop ups either.  Does that happen only on this site? 
Start weight: 306   Surgery weight: 282   Current weight 199.5

Liz J.
on 9/28/11 2:07 pm - Woonsocket, RI
I have that damn pop up too
Susan_U
on 9/28/11 3:18 pm - Ontario, CA
So I'm NOT the only one!!!  Oh, and when I clicked reply to your post Groupon hit me again.  GRRRRR.

This is the only site this happens to me on.  Driving me crazy!