OK, a bit worried here!!!

Susan_U
on 9/28/11 8:44 pm - Ontario, CA
The good new is that in a few hours (9am PT) I am due at my surgeon's office for my one week check-up.

The bad news is that I have sprung a small leak.  I took a shower before going to sleep & hope that wasn't what caused it--I didn't scrub, just used my bare hand to rub the soap around my stomach!  I used the special stuff they gave me to use the day before, and the morning of, surgery.

I just got up to hit the loo and looked down to see moisture on my stomach.  At first I thought I'd spilt a bit of the Sobe 0 calorie flavored water I'd just sipped.  But when I wiped it away, suddenly there was a bit more.  I checked myself out in the mirror and found that when I gently pressed above my belly button, a reddish but clear sort of serum beaded out of the incision there.  It's not really blood--more like blood lite if you see what I mean.

There is absolutely no pain and it isn't a steady stream--it just beads up when it is pressed or I am up and moving. I have placed a largish bandaid over the leak.  The only thing I feel is the light itchiness that I've flt the past few days around all my incisions which is usual when you are healing.

So did any of you guys have this happen to you?  Normal?  Something to be really worried about?
ladybugnessa
on 9/28/11 8:58 pm - Owings Mills, MD
no pain...  no fever.... clear with pink/red tinge... seeping... sounds normal   did you have a JP drain?  with no drain the seepage is even more normal..

just check with the doctor since you are going this morning anyway.
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

Susan_U
on 9/28/11 9:04 pm - Ontario, CA
Well, that is a weight off my mind!!!  No, I didn't have a drain.  But why would this start a week out of surgery instead of right after?
ladybugnessa
on 9/28/11 9:07 pm - Owings Mills, MD
now that I don't know

i do  know that after my plastic surgery I had a drain for FOUR WEEKS... we can heal a long long time inside...
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

Price S.
on 9/28/11 9:30 pm - Mills River, NC
No problem, you can oz for a while as everything heals.  But mention it to your Dr today just to ease your mind.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

jrobin14
on 9/28/11 11:03 pm - Charlotte, NC
I'm 6 weeks out yesterday and my incision above my belly botton started to leak this morning and I had a drain, but I have an appt with my surgon tomorrow so hopefully it will be okay.

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/11 1:18 am, edited 9/29/11 1:19 am - Santa Cruz, CA

Just keep it clean and covered; it is part of the healing process. You only need to be concerned
if it gets red and painful. If it were me, I'd also apply a topical antibacterial ointment.

Good luck!

crystal C.
on 9/29/11 3:32 am - lynn, MA
I am 10 day out I started leaking about 2 days ago from my largest incision I went to the doctors he told me I was fine and slapped a bandaid on it, it has sense got a little worse but still not red, or hot and no fever. I am in pain there but he told me I would be due to that is were most of the work is done.
(deactivated member)
on 9/29/11 5:38 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Yes;  there is no real problem.  Just let the wound heal and keep it clean.

Best wishes,
waitingtoexhale69
on 9/29/11 7:48 am - IL
Hi HOW DID EVERYTHING GO? EVERYTHING SHOULD HAVE BEEN FINE. I AM 5 WEEKS OUT AND I HAD THE SAME THING AS WELL.  I KNEW EVERYTHING WAS OK BECAUSE I HAD NO FEVER, NO PAIN, LIGHT COLORED PINK, AND NO ODOR. BUT IT'S ALWAYS GOOD TO ASK. DID YOUR SURGEON GIVE YOU HIS NUMBER TO CALL JUST IN CASE OF ANOTHER LITTLE EMERGENCY?