OT: best friend committed suicide

Carrie W.
on 10/2/11 1:54 pm - KY
A woman who had been my best friend for over 10 years committed suicide last night.  We had a falling out last year but had started to reconcile.  I loved her like a sister.  I feel so bad that I wasn't there for her.  I wish I could have done something to help ease the pain she was obviously in.  I'm also in total shock.  She left behind a husband and two kids, one 23 and one 17. 

It's completely OT but I needed to talk/post about it.  I'm not handling this well at all.  Luckily my eating is okay.  I used to overeat from stress/depression now I tend to undereat. 
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

A. C
on 10/2/11 1:56 pm
carrie - i'm so sorry for your loss - i wish there were something more i could say - please hang in there and keep talking about this and sharing your feelings - shock is normal

(((((((((((carrie))))))))))))))))))
emt_amy
on 10/2/11 1:58 pm - MN
Im so sorry!
Lisa R.
on 10/2/11 2:06 pm - CA
Losing a good friend is hard and suicide is even harder.  My grandfather took his own life and killed my grand mother in the process accidentally, it was horrible.  We all felt guilty.  It is normal to feel like you wish you could have been there or done something, but you could not have done anything.  Remember too that you are allowed to feel your feelings, it is a good way to heal.

I'm so sorry! 

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Suzanne Gottschalk
on 10/2/11 2:07 pm - Columbia, MO
I am so sorry. So confusing for anyone to commit suicide. I hope you find peace.
Judy M.
on 10/2/11 2:18 pm
My boyfriend recently took his life  i feel for you.   Keep your friends close.

Ladytazz
on 10/2/11 2:21 pm
I am so sorry.  Please do not feel guilty.  There was nothing you could have done.  Depression is a horrible thing.   

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Samantha L.
on 10/2/11 2:38 pm - Petaluma, CA
Wow.  There are no words...  Please know that you and this poor woman's family will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight. 

sunnycapecod143
on 10/2/11 2:38 pm, edited 10/2/11 2:41 pm
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have been close to two people who decided to take their own life's. (my father & my x-husband) I truly understand how you must be feeling. I have to tell you though, you can not look back and think what you would of, could of, or should of. You will drive yourself out of your mind. It is important to remember depression is a disease. Talk to those close to you. And love the ones you love with all you have while you have them. Xoxo
Rebecca H.
on 10/2/11 2:40 pm
I'm so sorry for your loss. Don't feel bad and don't feel guilty. Talk about her to your friends and be thankful that you knew her and the times you had together. Share those memories. Let her family know that she was loved. Will pray for those whose lives she touched.
Most Active
Recent Topics