How did you know? *mostly a question for vets*

mrslatch
on 10/3/11 8:33 am - Fort Campbell, KY
So, I'm coming up on 2 years post op (in Jan). I'm a few pounds from goal, and I'm determined to get there. Its the number that i said I refused to go into matinence weighing more than. I know I can do it. I'm actually hoping to make it a little lower just to give myself a little buffer. My question is how did you know your body was where it wanted to be/you were done? These last few pounds are HARD, and I totally know that is normal and expected, but how did you know that you were at the end of your rope as far as it being 'doable' to lose more weight? 

I'm 5'8 and 171.  Size meduim 8/10. My goal is 164, but I'd really like to see myself make it into the 150's (Maybe 155?) for some cushion. How will I know if I'm pushing it or not?

Oh and FYI- For those who don't know. I'm almost 4 months post-partum. I fully believe I'd probably already be at goal had I not gotten pregnant, so newbies, don't be scared of the fact I'm almost 21months post op and not at goal. lol I wouldn't change anything for the world though.
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

Diminishing Dawn
on 10/3/11 8:41 am - Windsor, Canada
I didn't know lol. If I had a do-over I would have gone 10 lbs under goal to give myself some leeway for bounceback.

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

DebsGiz
on 10/3/11 9:03 am - FL

No, I don't think you're pushing it at all.  I am also 5'8'' and weight 136.  I never would have thought I'd get this low.

To answer you other question, my body let me know when it was done.  It hit 129 for a few months, crept to 133 for quite awhile, and then settled at the 136, where it's been for probably about a year now.

mrslatch
on 10/3/11 9:19 am - Fort Campbell, KY
I'd love to get that low?
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/11 9:21 am - NJ
I had the same kind of pattern too!  Although I am 5 feet even, I was 108 for the longest time, dropped off to 103, then bounced back up to 108, then between 110 - 112, now, finally, back down to 108.  I think that between 108 - 112 will be my range.  Which is fine with me!

I have been at this weight (+ or -) since May, 2010.  

I found that my weight increased when I became lax with the protein and upped the carbs.  I found I was upping the carbs because my psych wanted me to try going off my wellbutrin to see if my depression/anxiety had resolved itself.  

It took a couple of pounds for me to realize I was self-medicating with carbs and got back on my meds.  I feel much better and found I am much more compliant with the protein and don't crave the carbs at all, except for my TOM.
cheermonkeysmom
on 10/3/11 10:24 am - Smithsburg, MD
I have a friend that had RNY and is your height. After hitting a low of 140 lbs, she has been maintaining about 155 lbs, so it is possible that you will get even lower than 164, your goal. You are only 4 months post partum, so you might find that the weight might not be coming off as quickly. I know when I was pregnant with my son, it took me a little over a year to lose all the weight I had gained (and I gained about 100 lbs). You will get there, just hang in there. You have offered your support and I am offering mine. Best of luck to you.
 Highest Weight - 220/ Date of Surgery - 194/ Goal Weight - 125 CW 122  2nd Goal - 115

Price S.
on 10/3/11 11:06 am - Mills River, NC
keep your protein over 100g and your carbs around 30 and you should lose the rest, even if it is slow.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

TrueNorthFriend
on 10/3/11 11:22 am - Canada
 Best "diet" I ever went on was nursing my firstborn.  She stripped the weight off me like no one's business.  Kept her on breastmilk almost exclusively for ten months.  That was 30 years ago and it was said at the time you could safely feed exclusively breastmilk for one year.

My boy came along - but he was a lazy nurser.  So it doesn't always work. 8)
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 455 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views