FOR WOMEN: TOM post op queston

EboniLamis
on 10/6/11 1:43 am - MI
This is my first period after surgery.  Very happy that I got my period I have been waiting for it.  But it is really dark almost black and mine are never this dark.  Is this normal.  Should I be worried? Should I call my PCP, OBGYN or surgen. 

poet_kelly
on 10/6/11 2:03 am - OH
Hmmm.  I don't know what might cause that.  I would give one of your docs a call just to make sure it's not something to worry about.  I don't think it matters much which doc you talk to - I would call whomever is usually easiest to get a hold of, I guess.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

EboniLamis
on 10/6/11 2:59 am - MI
Thanks I think I will.
SweetLilyAnn
on 10/6/11 4:12 am - TX
To me, it begins that way but then gets going to a normal regular periord. I have had three or 4 since surgery and all is well.

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

gabbyabby
on 10/6/11 5:22 am
mine was heavier and darker the first go around after surgery.  this is my second one.. we will see how it goes...

birthdaygirl
on 10/6/11 5:47 am - Lithonia, GA
On October 6, 2011 at 8:43 AM Pacific Time, EboniLamis wrote:
This is my first period after surgery.  Very happy that I got my period I have been waiting for it.  But it is really dark almost black and mine are never this dark.  Is this normal.  Should I be worried? Should I call my PCP, OBGYN or surgen. 

I just had this same episode happen to me last month.....I have had 10 kids and regular cycles and my permanent bc is ESSURE so I knew I was not pregnant.

I was over a week late but the culprit was and I am sure will happen again is that my cycle was changing, sometimes we get our periods at the beginning of the month, then the middle, then the end....well at least I have all my life.......my cycles seem to change with the seasons....

anyway, I was also under alot of stress and while I was expecting my period any moment I just had to be in slow ass WALMART and went I went to the bathroom because I felt moist...sorry if TMI.........My pantyliner looked like a huge mess of black blood........but since our periods are our uterine lining shedding anyway from not being impregnated if you were late it may have have just been old blood almost like the dark discharge we get at the beginning and end of period....I would not worry.....

just glas I was not pregnant again!......I am 40 and done!

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150