Yes, I KNOW, But Like To Complain!

wynter57
on 10/7/11 8:06 am - Panama City, FL
Yes, I LOVED McDonalds sweet tea! But now, I can't drink it because I don't know if I dump but am afraid to find out and because it's too many calories even if I don't dump.

For me, I've always liked the dark drinks like Coke, Coke Zero, Root Beer, Dr. Pepper, Mr. Pibb. Diet Mug was one of my faves. And I LOVED iced tea.

Now, I never had an issue with drinking unsweetened iced tea as long as I had plenty of Splenda to put in it. Then it was delicious to me!

Now, my problem is drinks don't taste the same to me. I was never a big drinker anyway. I would drink the most while I was eating because eating made me thirsty, but now that I can't eat and drink together, it's very difficult getting in all the fluids that I need to.

Some people say to "suck it up", but I'm not good at that. If I think something is gross or doesn't taste good, then I'm NOT drinking it. I've tried a LOT of different things. It's weird because with food, I've had no issues with taste changing or anything, everything I've eaten so far tastes the same to me as it used to. Drinking stuff is different.

One drink I used to drink and liked was Hawaiian Punch in the can. However, it has too much sugar. So, I thought that the sugar free Hawaiian Punch powders would taste good, but it does not taste the same and I don't care for it.

I used to like grape Koolaid once in a blue moon, but the sugar free ones I've tried so far I don't care for. I've tried using less and using more of the powders than what is called for and that did not help either.

So, I end up drinking water most of the time, but it gets to be so old that it gets warm and I don't want it any more.

I wonder if our tastes can change some more and go back to liking stuff again.

Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

TamaraL
on 10/7/11 10:04 am
you know they make hawaiin punch sugar free flavors.  I like the flavor sticks much better than some of the other mixes.  I love the grape.

Also the MIO liquid enhancers are very good.

Tamara