Leg Pain at night?!?

Lisa G.
on 10/6/11 11:14 pm - Louisville (southern Indiana Actually), KY
Hi all-I have been having bad pains in my left leg at night since my surgery almost 6 weeks ago that I had not previously had.  It wakes me up - could this be surgery related?  Any ideas would be appreciated!  Thans! 
   Sleep Tight, America
   PROUD ARMY MOM
   My Sons Have Your Back

AnneGG
on 10/6/11 11:19 pm
Sounds like sciatica- a pinched sciatic nerve- which wouldn't be WLS related. Or maybe muscle cramps. Does the pain happen during the day also?

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Lisa G.
on 10/6/11 11:28 pm - Louisville (southern Indiana Actually), KY
No pain during the day, and it is mainly in my upper thigh and calf area.   Not sciatica,  I've had that before.  
   Sleep Tight, America
   PROUD ARMY MOM
   My Sons Have Your Back

vervetoloose
on 10/6/11 11:58 pm
Could be a blood clot ya never know, I would have it checked out. Of course there are other possible causes but a simple doppler test will rule it out.

" Oh you who love clear edges more than anything...........watch the edges that blurr."

Susan_U
on 10/7/11 6:14 am - Ontario, CA
Are you drinking enough? That can be caused by dehydration, resulting lower levels of sodium or potassium.

In fact, my surgeon specified that I drink Dasani water because it contains potassium, magnesium sulfate and a small amount of salt.
Most Active
Recent Topics