why don't i see it??

twellington1
on 10/17/11 8:59 am - NH
I have the same problem.  I returned to work today after being out for 2 months and everyone was staring at me and complimenting me.  It was very weird and uncomfortable even though they all meant well.  I also take a monthly picture in the same spot in my underwear and bra.  I took one on Sunday and compared it to the one before surgery and there is a difference.  I am 78 pounds down.

AnneGG
on 10/17/11 9:44 am
It takes a long time for old habits to change, and that includes the habit of how we see ourselves. Don't forget that there have been a lot of years of seeing one way. That way of seeing isn't going to change overnight- it will take practice!

I like seeing videos of myself better than photos- it gets very real then.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

SweetGirl11
on 10/17/11 1:27 pm
I'm over 2 years out and I still have self-image issues..  When I look at pictures of myself or look at myself in the mirror, I DO see that I'm not morbidly obese anymore, but I still feel like I look fat sometimes....... and I'm a size 6/8.  I focus on my abdomen where all the loose skin is hanging, and I see FAT. 

Michelle    (OH member since 2004 - new user name)

HW 285 / SW 270 / GW 140 / LW 135 / CW 185

RNY 6/8/2009  
Starting size 26/28, now size 12/14

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  -Hebrews 13:8