fiber gummies?

CHELLEYGIRL
on 10/24/11 1:49 pm - PALMDALE, CA
I was wondering if fiber gummies would be alright to take for extra fiber? almost 3 months out. I dont ike the idea of taking pills to be regular. Nor do I want to drink miralax everyday. for the most part i can go on my own, but was just  curious if those would be ok to add ?

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

hlacy
on 10/24/11 2:54 pm - Chandler, AZ
Well, I have read polydextrose is not the best "fiber" to consume, and I don't know if gummies are best for our pouches...would love to see what others think. I use Benefiber in my tea daily and Miralax every other night. Until I can get more fiber naturally (from food), I'm okay with what I use. Maybe consider taking a more natural fiber supplement?

Vitafusion Nutrition Info:
Supplement Facts: Serving Size: 2 Gummies Servings Per Bottle: 110 Amount Per Serving - % Daily Value:* Calories 10, Total Carbohydrate 5 g - 2%, Dietary Fiber 5 g - 20%, Soluble Fiber 5 g - **, Sugar Alcohol 1 g - **. *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. **Daily Value not established.

Ingredients: Polydextrose, Xylitol, Gelatin, Natural Flavors, Malic Acid, Colors (Black Carrot Juice Extract, Carrot and Blueberry Juices, Annatto Extract), Sucralose, Fractionated Coconut Oil and Beeswax. This product contains natural colors and flavors. Contains no wheat (gluten), milk, eggs, peanuts or soy. 

"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

RonSudol
on 10/24/11 7:15 pm - NJ
im curious about this as well!

---------------(Starting Weight - 365) ------------ (Current Weight - 165) ------------    

oldbooknewlook
on 10/24/11 9:13 pm - Yarmouth, ME
 I'm 14 weeks out and have been taking Vitafusion fiber gummies for about 2 months.  I'm on the go a lot and I like the convenience of being able to take them with me so easily.  They also taste great!    I haven't had any problems with taking them (I had RNY) and they do a great job keeping me "regular".  I would suggest checking with your NUT though!
~Amy   165 lbs down!  My journey on YouTube: www.youtube.com/oldbooknewlook

KELLY R.
on 10/24/11 11:43 pm - PA
RNY on 04/04/12
My surgeons office advises NO GUMMIES of any kind because they are harder to breakdown and can get stuck in your stoma so you may want to check with your doctor or nutritionist first.  I'd say try to find a liquid or perhaps add bran flakes to your breakfast?

Peace & Blessings... Kelly                                             

HW 292 / CW 191 / GW 130

CHELLEYGIRL
on 10/25/11 1:30 am - PALMDALE, CA
thanks for the feedback .

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

Annette O.
on 10/25/11 5:23 am - Hyde Park, NY
RNY on 09/19/11 with
I've heard that gummies could get stuck. If your looking for portable fiber that taste good try
"Fiber Choice" it even comes plus calcium and Vit D. Let me see if I can copy and paste the
info on here. (I'm not as compter savy as others)
ok I couldn't copy and paste but here's a link to the product page:

http://www.fiberchoice.com/fiberchoice-products/fiberchoice- calcium.aspx

They are sugar free, have calcium and D and taste great. I don't know how muchh they help
with constipation issues.
Annette O
Most Active
Recent Topics