new problem

DeAnna K.
on 10/25/11 8:54 am - Spokane, WA
I have a problem I have never had before.  I am scheduled for surgery in two weeks and I am having a hard time getting enough calories in on my liquid only diet.  I am drinking Premier protein shakes, and I have broth and jello to supplement between drinks.  The problem is, working nightshift, I am not getting enough shakes and I am not needing to supplement because I am not hungry.  For example, yesterday I only had about 500 calories.  I drank when I was hungry but at the end of the day/ night I realised just how little calories I got in.  I also count my day from midnight to midnight.  it saves my sanity.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
DeAnna
live like no one else so you can live like no one else    
Eliza55
on 10/25/11 11:05 am - PA
I wouldn't worry about it too much.  I was on liquid only for the week before surgery, and only got in 4 protein shakes a day, for about 400 calories.   I had no problem for surgery, and wasn't hungry.

I recommend that you start to focus on protein etc, and not so much on calories.  After surgery, you will be restricted on what you can eat or drink, and it is most important to get in fluids and protein.  The calories will come later.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 60 replies · 403 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 250 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 511 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 582 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 305 views
Recent Topics