chest pain

immafatgirl
on 10/28/11 1:58 am - KY
ok. since surgery , i have been having some mild chest and shoulder pain and my hands going numb. i have an appt to see my surgeon on the 9th. does anyone else experience chest pains as well. im a lil concerned . ..
GrandmaSusan
on 10/28/11 2:14 am - ME

You should probably call you primary care if you can't see your surgeon sooner.  Good luck!

My Name is Susan & I'm a Happy Loser!!

lanagirl
on 10/28/11 2:19 am
Call the Dr. You don't want to fool around with chest pain and numbness, too many serious possibilities. Even it they say it's just gas, you need to know for sure.

kellyl1202
on 10/28/11 2:19 am
It could be nothing serious but I wouldn't wait around til the 9th if you are having those syptoms.  If you check with your primary dr at least you'll have peace of mind that nothing serious is wrong.  May be you could move up your appt with the surgeon if you tell them your symptoms?

Kelly L  
5'ft 1in   RNY 9/12/11
301 HW / 287.7 SW / 216 CW / 150 GW

poet_kelly
on 10/28/11 5:05 am - OH
I think you should be concerned.  I know most of the time chest pain turns out to be heartburn or gas or something minor like that but sometimes it's a heart attack.  I don't think you can mess around with it.  I would definitely not wait until the 9th.

Call your doc now and ask for advice.  Otherwise, go to the ER the next time you feel it.  I know going to the ER is a pain... but so is having a heart attack at home and hoping the ambulance arrives in time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

sweetpotato1959
on 10/28/11 6:13 am
 Go ASAP ...with arm numbness could be heart problem...don't wait.
Denise
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?