Day 22 - always nauseous

andrea S.
on 10/31/11 5:08 am - PA
I had surgery on 10/10-
I had no problems with the diet on the first 2 weeks - Last week and til now I feel like I am always nauseous.  I had to regress on my diet because my stomach hates everything!!! I have been doing well with mashed potatoes for the most part but now even they seem to make me uncomfortable.  I love eggs but I am not getting along well with them- I burp my brains out when I eat them. 

I lost 22 pounds already but I am about to give up on eating!!!

Did anyone else have an issue with nausea?

poet_kelly
on 10/31/11 5:23 am - OH
I did.  I ended up having to go to the ER twice for IV fluids since I threw up so much in the first few weeks after surgery.

Are you getting enough fluids?  It's hard to get enough fluids when you feel so nauseous but even slight dehydration will cause nausea.

Are you getting enough protein?  Lack of protein can also cause nausea.

Did your doc prescribe anything for nausea?  If not, call right now and ask him to call in a script for you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/31/11 5:44 am
I did, It was horrible.  Then got in a lot of pain. MY GB (gall bladder ) stopped working. 
Dehydration, not enough food, not enough fats to stimulate GB - may cause the nausea... 

For me - the ginger tea and ginger helped when I was dealing with that (for 4 months - daily), 

It was not nice. But I found out that I had to drink warm liguids in the morning. Nothing cold. First tea - then maybe  an hr late r- could drink (warm) protein shake... Typically I could eat strating after noon... If I di dnot follow the "rules" and get nause first thing in the morning - the nausea would last the whole day... I learn quickly what my pouch wants and does not want... Cold drinkls and plain water was not acceptable to my pouch... I still can't do that some days.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Jenni_9yrspostop
on 10/31/11 6:14 am

More water. You could be dehydrated. The symptoms make it harder to eat and drink - when drinking more is just what we need to do. I had it at first, fainted and chipped my tooth on the bathroom floor. Same symptoms. Try to get in at least the 64 ounces required every day and go a bit beyond. Eggs are hard when a new post op. See what your doc wants you on at this point.
I was liquids for 3 weeks then soft foods, but nothing dense like eggs. Try other pureed/soft foods that digest easily. At this poin****er is more important than food. Make sure you get it all in even if it's a struggle. You'll feel better as soon as you're rehydrated.
Jen 10 yrs post op

waitingtoexhale69
on 10/31/11 7:41 am - IL
Yes I stay nauseated most of the time, even with the medication.  But  i am abe to keep everything down.  It's really a pain in the ... not to feel well.  And I am not dehydrated, i get in my fluids.  Will go see surgeon on wed. for this issue.

hlacy
on 10/31/11 3:05 pm - Chandler, AZ
I had bad nausea about the same time...I was given a script for Zofran and it saved me. I still get an occasional spell of it, and the Zofran comes in handy. It's a tab that dissolves on your tongue so no issues with pill swalllowing!
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 429 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 446 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 362 views