What has been the biggest shock to you post ops since having this surgery..

Ding-E-Girl
on 11/4/11 1:56 pm - MS
     With that I mean,   what is the MAIN thing you have experienced that you never dreamed you would.    
Judy M.
on 11/4/11 2:19 pm
No weight loss.
Ding-E-Girl
on 11/4/11 2:34 pm - MS
    OH<  IS YOUR SURGERY IN THE MORNING ???? 
BugdocMom
on 11/4/11 2:42 pm - CA
Great question!

I didn't expect my tastes to change so much. I find that my old go-to foods don't even taste good anymore. I ate chili and pizza a few times a week pre-op, now I find them both literally repulsive.

I didn't expect to be so UNINTERESTED in eating in general.

I didn't expect my sense of smell to be so very sharp. I smell EVERYTHING. I think I even smell things that aren't even there. Sometimes it's a good thing because I LOVE to sniff food and I find sniffing more satisfying than actually eating. But, it's bad, too because I feel like I have constant B.O. and my family has stinky breath...

wandy06
on 11/4/11 3:01 pm
That's so funny my son continues to tell me that my sense of smell is too accute since surgery, ie i eat salmon and then obsess that i smell like a can of salmon lol
Twinmama
eunicemaythompson1

on 11/4/11 3:16 pm - WA
my sense of smell is very accute now and i cant stand sweet stuff
cabin111
on 11/4/11 3:29 pm
As the subject went to taste and smells...Fat taste gross to me now.  It has since RNY in 2006.  The other thing I didn't think I would see is being alive 5 years later.  I have congestive heart failure...My cardiologiest said RNY may help with the condition...It helped big time.  I really believe I would be dead today if it wasn't for WLS!!  Brian  PS  Fitting into my old college bell bottoms...Can you dig it!!
Momx4kids
on 11/4/11 5:00 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
The biggest thing for me has be comprehending how fast the weight has come off. It has been so quick it really is hard to wrap your head around !!
Rhonda

Price S.
on 11/4/11 9:31 pm - Mills River, NC
Early out it was the fact that I really wasn't hungry and really didn't care about food for the longest time.

Now, that I can ride my horse again. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

NHPOD9
on 11/4/11 9:48 pm
Horrific (but regular) monthly cycles. With PCOS, I never had regular cycles. But now, like clockwork, the week from hell begins. 

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views