Frustrated

Jesse Crawford
on 11/10/11 9:29 am - NY
I am 4 weeks out of surg and lost 24 lbs pre-surg and 17 lbs post-surg.  I lost the 17 lbs the first 2 weeks after surg and the next two weeks have been at a stand still with the weight loss.  I was taking 2 shakes a day in stead of 3 which I should be taking.  I hate the shakes.  My NUT said that my body needs the protein and by not having all that I should my matabalisim prob slowed down.  Now I have started taking the 3 shakes ugh.  I work out like crazy so I am looking to loose weight soon.  It's just frustrating because I don't eat no where near what I ate pre-surg.  I consume 4-5 oz per meal.  I know the weight loss will kick in.  Lord give me patient's...
Jesse    
stlfocus
on 11/10/11 10:05 am - IA
I felt the same about protein shakes - they started to gag me at just the thought of having to drink one. One thing you might try is Isopure - it is a fruity clear liquid premixed in a bottle that comes in punch or grape (I prefer the grape). Much easier to get down. It is a little pricey, but worth the price. My local grocery store carries this product in their Health Market. If you put it in the freezer so it is very cold, it tastes much better.

Finding the right protein drink that agrees with you takes some doing sometimes. Try different things until you find something you can stick with.
Lisa R.
on 11/10/11 10:09 am - CA
 I hate the shakes too and at 5 months out my WL came to a stand still.  So frustrating.  

So I went back to drinking a shake for lunch instead of eating and I really concentrated on putting protein first again.  It really helped and the WL picked up again.  

You will lose, but stalls are common, frustrating but common.  Hang in there

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
AnnabellB
on 11/10/11 11:18 am
I'm 2 years out & I remember my stand still.  It does freak you out & at some point you may even gain 2-5 lbs but it will then pass & you will start loosing & before you know it a lot is lost & you keep loosing.  I was told it is because your body is still in shock from the surgery.  Hang in there.
Annabell
julesGA
on 11/10/11 6:39 pm, edited 11/10/11 6:40 pm - Brunswick, GA
So far my favorite shake solution is to mix unflavored protien with Crystal Light.  Just mix the Crystal Light a little on the strong side then add the protien and shake well.  Drinking with a straw helps too as it keeps the smell away from your nose.  Good Luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 74 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 297 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views