One month out... gripes and greats

qwrkygrrl
on 11/13/11 2:12 am - NC
Well, technically I'm one day shy of one month out, but let's not split hairs... what few I have.

All in all, I think I'm doing pretty well, I'm happy to report. There are still some things that are really more annoyances than real problems, but I'm beginning to see some real changes in my life already that far outweigh my grievances. If you will indulge me...

My gripes:

• The gurgling... Oh the gurgling! It is not constant as it once was, but it still happens a majority of the time. Sometimes it is so bad it makes me nauseous. I've read/been told that it will stop. Mercy... please come soon!

• Dark circles under my eyes. You might want to invest in Sheer Cover stock. I'm gonna need lots of this stuff. I've always had some darkness under my eyes due to allergies, but this is ri-donk-u-lous! I look like I have black eyes! I was wondering if this is indicative of some nutrient/vitamin/mineral deficiency. Any thoughts?

GAS! Need I say more?

• Getting that dang protein in. I'm doing much better as my diet expands, but it's still difficult.

• Did I mention the GURGLING??

Now, the payoffs:
• I am fitting into clothes I had stashed away for "someday." Turns out, someday is today!

• My dogs don't bark as much or as loudly. (For those of you not familiar with the colloquialism: My feet don't hurt!) Hurray!

• I can cook/clean/shop/etc. without sweating like a ***** in church! This may be my biggest happy. In the past, after walking the supermarket for 15 minutes I looked like a drowned cat. That made me so miserable.

• I'm sleeping better. I didn't have apnea, but I did have periodic limb movement and was taking gabapentin (Neurontin) for that. No more!

No more migraines! I was on amytriptaline for years for my migraines. Now I'm off of that and haven't had one since the surgery.

So I'm excited about the progress I've made in such a short amount of time. I'm not sure how much I've lost since my scale is way off the one at the hospital. But I do know that I've lost 11 pounds since 10/27. Not too shabby! That said, the way I feel far exceeds the number on the scale. I'm starting to feel normal... more like ME. And that's worth all the gurgling in the world!!
wandy06
on 11/13/11 3:36 am
Hello, congrats on your success. Yes i can relate to all your gripes and I loved the payoff. I had mine on 10-20... keep up the good work.
Twinmama
A. C
on 11/13/11 4:44 am
the gurgling, oh the gurgling! i didn't have a name for it until now but you described it pretty well lol
gosh, unless there is even more gurgling to come! *hides from gurgling*
qwrkygrrl
on 11/13/11 10:32 pm - NC
Unfortunately I have "gurgled" ever since the surgery. It's different from gas pain for me, although I suspect that it is, in fact, air moving through my GI tract. It's funny I can point to exactly where it is at any given time! I could probably draw a diagram of my insides on my tummy by tracking the gurgles!!

That said, it has gotten better. And I have found that it improves throughout the day. The first liquids I have in the morning are the worst. If I keep up my liquids throughout the day, then it seems to help. Go figure! I'm not sure I'll ever understand what's going on in there!

From one gurgler to another, I hope yours settles down soon!!

missjann
on 11/13/11 7:12 am
Good job on getting where you're at. The gurgling does get better or
go away. One day you'll just notice that it's stopped.  As for the gas,
take a close look at what you're eating that may be causing it. The only
time I have gas is if I eat something my GI system doesn't much like....
a TON of beans, lactaid or too much  yogurt with lactaid in it etc.
Once I identify the offender and omit it from my diet....no more gas!
I also can't go overboard on soy anything without getting gas.

Enjoy all the happy times, smaller clothes and NSVs ahead!
    Jan

qwrkygrrl
on 11/13/11 7:36 am - NC
Thanks!

Okay... I'm gonna flaunt my ignorance here and ask: What does "NSV" mean? I've seen it before and can't for the life of me figure it out!
wandy06
on 11/13/11 8:03 am
non scale victories.... such as fitting better in your car seat etcetc etc
Twinmama
qwrkygrrl
on 11/13/11 10:11 am - NC
Thanks!! Now I know!
Liz J.
on 11/13/11 9:41 pm - Woonsocket, RI
On November 13, 2011 at 10:12 AM Pacific Time, qwrkygrrl wrote:
Well, technically I'm one day shy of one month out, but let's not split hairs... what few I have.

All in all, I think I'm doing pretty well, I'm happy to report. There are still some things that are really more annoyances than real problems, but I'm beginning to see some real changes in my life already that far outweigh my grievances. If you will indulge me...

My gripes:

• The gurgling... Oh the gurgling! It is not constant as it once was, but it still happens a majority of the time. Sometimes it is so bad it makes me nauseous. I've read/been told that it will stop. Mercy... please come soon!

• Dark circles under my eyes. You might want to invest in Sheer Cover stock. I'm gonna need lots of this stuff. I've always had some darkness under my eyes due to allergies, but this is ri-donk-u-lous! I look like I have black eyes! I was wondering if this is indicative of some nutrient/vitamin/mineral deficiency. Any thoughts?

GAS! Need I say more?

• Getting that dang protein in. I'm doing much better as my diet expands, but it's still difficult.

• Did I mention the GURGLING??

Now, the payoffs:
• I am fitting into clothes I had stashed away for "someday." Turns out, someday is today!

• My dogs don't bark as much or as loudly. (For those of you not familiar with the colloquialism: My feet don't hurt!) Hurray!

• I can cook/clean/shop/etc. without sweating like a ***** in church! This may be my biggest happy. In the past, after walking the supermarket for 15 minutes I looked like a drowned cat. That made me so miserable.

• I'm sleeping better. I didn't have apnea, but I did have periodic limb movement and was taking gabapentin (Neurontin) for that. No more!

No more migraines! I was on amytriptaline for years for my migraines. Now I'm off of that and haven't had one since the surgery.

So I'm excited about the progress I've made in such a short amount of time. I'm not sure how much I've lost since my scale is way off the one at the hospital. But I do know that I've lost 11 pounds since 10/27. Not too shabby! That said, the way I feel far exceeds the number on the scale. I'm starting to feel normal... more like ME. And that's worth all the gurgling in the world!!
I can cook/clean/shop/etc. without sweating like a ***** in church! This may be my biggest happy. In the past, after walking the supermarket for 15 minutes I looked like a drowned cat. That made me so miserable

Im a sweater too and I HATE looking like the drowned cat

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 426 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 354 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 281 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 161 views