Oh heaven help me! Chafing!

virvin
on 11/13/11 12:44 pm - CO
Hello, everyone.  I hope everyone is doing okay.  I am doing okay except that I have started to experience chafing between my legs.  There is a spot on each inner thigh that is red, swollen, and sore.  What can I do to help this?  It hurts sooo bad.

Vic

HW - 325           SW - 310          GW - 200/190           CW - 203 - May 5, 2012

Ladytazz
on 11/13/11 12:47 pm
I used to have that pretty bad.  I remember I used Desitin, which is a baby rash cream.  It seemed to really clear it up.  Make sure it's not a yeast infection though.  If it is you can use any antifungal cream.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Jazme
on 11/13/11 2:46 pm, edited 11/13/11 2:47 pm - AZ
I can reccommend that you try to keep the areas dry with powder and I like Zeasorb and Zeasorb AF(Anti Fungal) for that purpose.

I try to keep a coupl of layers of clothing between my legs so if I am wearing a dress or skirt, I wear a split skirt style slip underneath. When I was a kid we called them coulottes or pettipants. I've found them online at Sihouettes (the ones I ike best) and I've seen them on the Jessica London web site. They are probably available from most of the plus size clothing sites that sell lingerie.
Jacquie

1/2003 Lap Band Dr. Hilario Juarez
9/2005 Lap Band Removed Dr. Stephen Burpee
11/2011 RNY Dr. Stephen Burpee
LosingSally
on 11/13/11 6:25 pm
If you have insurance, then document the thighs in pictures and doctors' visits. You may end up with that excess skin removed for medical reasons!
christinalee
on 11/13/11 9:20 pm - At Home in, NH
Vic,

There's a whole slew of products you can use, but the three I've had great results from are:

1) Body Glide skin lubricant (packaged in like a glide-on deodrant container) can be found at Walgreens or a running stores.

2) Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel (I LOVE this product). It goes on like a gel, but instantly becomes a smooth powder like coating. Awesome product! Can be found at Walmart in the Monistat/KY section

3)Lady Anti-Monkey Butt Powder (no joke). It's a really nice anti-chafing powder with calammine.

Hope you find some relief with one of these products.

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

sumueulu
on 11/13/11 10:41 pm
The Body Glide is what I use. Not only will it prevent chafing, it helps heal the current chafing. It's great stuff!
kdubsie
on 11/14/11 2:08 am
Haven't had my surgery yet, but I;ve been a waitress for 6 years and wind up chafing al the time.  I use caldesene (a baby powder that really sticks) to prevent and a triple antibiotic cream to treat if it's already happened.  And the other poster was right about keeping other layers in between.  I have sometimes been known to wear a pair of shorts or even longer spanx under my pants to keep them from rubbing.

Good luck!  I know it feels miserable!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 440 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?