Eating enough??

K_Behr
on 11/15/11 4:42 am
I know that sounds funny, but it makes me wonder! I had RNY on 11/07/11 and I've been doing great! I'm on full liquids, but I'm unsure of how much is too much. I don't seem to have found the "full" feeling yet and wonder if I'm just being too cautious. What would be a good breakfast or lunch for a 1 week post op? I go see the surgeon tomorrow, just wanted to know your thoughts!
azreggie
on 11/15/11 4:56 am - Tucson, AZ
You won't have a "full" feeling for a while, they've  cut the nerve that gives you that signal.   You also have to take into consideration that you no longer have a pyloric valve so liquid just goes through like a funnel.  Follow your surgeons orders, I don't know what you can have per his/her orders.  Good luck to you.

Reggie

littleskie
on 11/15/11 5:33 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
Measure everything cause you can't feel full yet. You will probably eventually be able to but not yet. So measure what you consume. Your doctor can tell you how much you should be "eating".

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Price S.
on 11/15/11 8:37 am - Mills River, NC
If you are still on liquids, don't worry about how much except that you want to be working towards 64 oz.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board