when to add protean

westwoodbob
on 11/15/11 8:13 am - Olympia, WA
I am scheduled for surgery on 11-30. I am getting ready to prepare some pureed soups and have a question. Do I add the wey protean now or wait until I defrost each portion and then add it?
lilbear412
on 11/15/11 8:28 am - MN
 Well i would wait...for starters you might not like the protein...you may LOVE it but your tastes change so drastically after surgery.  The protein you have might not agree with your post op palate..I never added protein to any of my food only because i never thought of it..lol  i had lots of adversions and problems with smells and tastes...for awhile anyways.  congrats on the surgery...am moving on down the losers bench to make room for you..  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

Price S.
on 11/15/11 8:35 am - Mills River, NC
i would wait.  And a hint, freeze your soups in ice cube trays, then pop them out into a baggie.  That way you can get out however many you need at once.  2 cubes was a 1/4c for me.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

poet_kelly
on 11/15/11 10:15 am - OH
Add it when you're ready to eat it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics