Weird Pain

hstull1013
on 11/16/11 7:32 am - AZ
I have had this weird pain in my pouch for the past 2 days. It's not a sharp pain but almost a dull ache. It reminds me of in the beginning when I tried to drink cold water. Just hurt. I was worried that maybe it was a sign of something bad like a stricture but I can eat and drink. It hurts a little when I do but I still can keep it down with no problem. Its just uncomfortable. Today I was walking into a meeting and with every step I felt pain. Normal or something I should be concerned about?

HW-361, SW 349, CW 299, GW 185  *20 lbs lost pre-op diet*
cajungirl
on 11/16/11 8:50 am
Do you find when after you eat the pain goes away?  You are early out I suggest you call your surgeon to be safe.  It doesn't sound like a stricture, I'd be a little concerned about a possible ulcer.  Did your surgeon give you a PPI to reduce acid?

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

littleskie
on 11/16/11 8:51 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
If you feel a pain that concerns you enough to ask here then I think its serious enough to make a call to your surgeon. I don't know if its an ulcer or something else. I hope its nothing and goes away. Just call your surgeon and put your mind at ease tho. There is no need to try to live in pain hoping it'll go away.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

jennifer W.
on 11/16/11 12:37 pm
It sounds like something I experienced. It was especially uncomfortable when I would walk or when i was active. It stopped for me about 4/5wks out. They were going to do some tests on me but then it just went away. The NP said it was pain from the surgery even though it didn't start until week 3. I would call the Dr just to be safe.
 HW: 365  SW: 342  CW: 182

Inch by Inch's Life's a Cinch, Yard by Yard, Life's Hard - Dr.
Madden
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?