Vitamin that won't go away

vidsid
on 11/21/11 12:16 am, edited 11/21/11 12:16 am - OH
I'm 4+ weeks out and still am crushing all of my pills in a pill crusher, except for the chewable ones.
I put them into a cup with a bit of flavored water and kind of swig them down all at once.  It tastes kind of nasty but I haven't had any problems at all. 

I can't even imagine having been able to swallow a pill whole a week after surgery.  It's really interesting how different the surgeon's post-op plans are.

HW:343  SW:318  CW:199

NanaRose142
on 11/21/11 8:57 am - TX
All the different plans amaze me also.  The before diets, the after diets, all of it.  I really like my doctor and he is well thought of in the hospital area.  Where I go is a center of excellence.  I hope it really is.  So far, so good.
Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I got older.    
ShebasMom
on 11/21/11 1:04 am
Revision on 07/05/16
I was able to take my nexeum and lexapro after surgery. I did a chewable MVI until 3 weeks, when I went to soft foods. I also started my calcium citrate then. I never crushed my pills.
I noticed you said you take prescription vit D. Is that dry vit D3? It's the only one we absorb. The vit D that's in a gel capsule is oil and not absorbed by us any more.
djc3791
on 11/21/11 1:59 pm - Toronto, Canada
Th rule of thumb I was given for taking pills post-op is that they shey should be the size of, or smaller than, a plain M&M. 

Donna
 RNY  10/31/2011  Dr Rotstein   St. Mike's   Toronto

NanaRose142
on 11/22/11 2:29 am - TX
I so appreciate all the replies.  I am only taking the things that I can chew or dissolve.  I am feeling pretty good.  I am having regular bms, no problems with anything but just soreness and that is improving everyday.

Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving.  To my Canandian buddies, happy week. 
Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I got older.    
Most Active
Recent Topics