7 mos out or more tell us how your doing

RCOK0011
on 11/21/11 8:56 am - CA
For those of us 7 mos or more out let us know about your progress. How is your activity going, your daily diet stats, and your weight loss progress.  Are you finding anything difficult that you could share or any tricks/tips that you have picked up???
Hope everyone is having a great Monday!!!

Hugs and Smooches
Ramona

Cherylkas
on 11/21/11 9:05 am - PA
 I am almost 8 month (dec 1) and I am doing great. I am down 118 since 4/1. I am losing faster then I thought that I would but I am not complaining at all. My energy is thru the roof and I love it. I pretty much eat whatever I want I do stay away from white carbs tho. I eat between 800-1000 calories a day  and get al my vits in. The hardest part is the mental stuff but with therapy I am dealing well with it.
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

unewillow
on 11/21/11 9:51 am - CT
I am 10 months out (almost 11) and I am doing well. Down 130 lbs, and at my surgeon's weight goal. I would like to lose another 20 lbs for my personal goal of getting under 200. I've been very lucky in that my course has been pretty bump free, and there's little I can't tolerate (sugar and chicken being the 2 stand outs). I've started cooking a lot more and trying things I wouldn't have as a pre-op. I don't exercise, but I'm pretty active at work and that helps.

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/11 11:20 am - TX
I am 8 months out and I've lost 90 lbs. I need to lose another 13-15 lbs to get to goal. I eat between 1200-1400 calories a day, and I work out about 7-8 hours a week between trainer, running, gym time, and karate classes.

I feel like I could do better with my food at times but I still think its a thousand times better than pre-surgery.
Jedene F.
on 11/21/11 10:27 pm - Oneonta, NY
I am almost 10 months post-op and down a total of 140 lbs (23+ were pre-op).  I was walking nearly everyday, but now that it's cooler in Upstate NY I am not getting as much exercise as I need/want to.  I will be using the treadmill and the Wii more for the next few months!  I find I can eat just about anything I feel like eating - in moderation of course.  I am not a cook my any means, but am trying new things - making more fish and chicken dishes.  I do eat carbs (pasta and rice) and sometimes rice does bother my tummy. Thin bagels and FF cream cheese are delish and the toasted bread is easier on my pouch. 

The only thing I need to keep telling myself is to eat SLOWLY and CHEW, CHEW, and CHEW more!  I am now getting in at least 60 grams of protein daily and do drink at least 48 oz. of fluid.  I have labs scheduled for next week and hopefully all will be in the "normal" range!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

ORIGINAL: HW 318.2; SW 295.0; LW 158.6
RECOMMIT: RGW 220.8; CW 206.2; GW 158

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/11 11:29 pm - Boston, MA
 I'm 8 months out and doing great! -125 lbs I eat 1200 calories, still have trouble drinking but I can eat anything I want.  Feel great, look great *wink.. just waiting for my hair to grow back! argh
katheek
on 11/22/11 12:38 am - Cosmopolis, WA

I am a little over 8 months post op and I have had no complications, or maybe just a small bump.  My last blood work showed that my vitamin B1 levels were very low so I am taking additional vit. B1.  Nothing to really worry about there.  I get all my protein in which for me 61-79 is required, I usually hang around the mid 80"s to low 90's.  I have no problem getting my water intake in of at least 64 oz.  I exercise with cardio and weight training.  I have lost 103 pounds and about 4 pounds from goal weight, but truthfully I am perfectly happy at 161 and I am 5'7".

Anything I have tried I can eat but I have not tried rice or pasta.  I have ate popcorn, potato, some sugary foods all in moderation and I don't eat any of the above if my protein requirements are not met.  I still will wait a half hour before I drink any fluids after eating. 

My insurance company required weight loss patients to work with a nutritionist for a year, Yes there was a price to that.  So at this point my nutritionist and I are working on a maintenance plan.  Some of my thinking says perhaps I should work hard on losing an additional 10 pounds so that I have a lower weight for when/if there is bounce back weight in a year or less.  Now if I lose another ten pounds that means another wardrobe change, smaller pant size anyway.  Truthfully can't afford new clothes at this time.........I went from a size 22-24 to a size 10 no complaints since I hadn't seen a size smaller than a 12 in 30+ years.

KATHEE K

Most Active
Recent Topics