Ugh! My thighs!

newtintn
on 11/25/11 2:03 pm - TN
My upper/inner thighs are like jiggly jello now and its driving me NUTS! I can FEEL them wiggle when I walk and its VERY noticable too. I got a girdle but under pants you can CLEARLY see where they leg portion ends mid thigh throuhg my jeans....I went to the slimpressions and spanx websites and they have shapewear that is down to mid calf and even some leggins that go to your ankle., Has anyone tried these and do they help at least minimize the wiggly thight issue? Im getting so very self concious about this i could cry :( 

Celia S.
on 11/25/11 3:53 pm - Grand Junction, CO
Spanx are a godsend! They really help smooth you out and minimize the jiggle!
Reel
on 11/25/11 4:26 pm
Don't cry, rejoice! You have lost over 100 pounds. Weare that Jiggly Wiggly as a badge of honor and to remind yourself where you were, and where you are still going. Since you still have more weight to lose, you can try purchasing some snugger fitting pants / jeans and a nice loose fitting blouse. The snug pants will hold you taunt. Best wishes.

Highest Weight: 314, Pre-Op Weight: 294, Surgical Weight: 279, 1st Goal Weight: 170, 2nd Goal Weight: 155, Current Weight:163

Carol S.
on 11/25/11 10:06 pm - Milwaukee, WI
 That will lessen as you do some toning and that can be as simple as walking, but I love some light weight training.

Spanx are amazing and will help keep you warm in the winter!

My butt looks like an elephants butt but..*snicker* it's a much smaller butt!
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Michelle E.
on 11/26/11 12:28 am
I wore the high waist biker short type of panty ones.now.. i have sharpei legs.. I am having my tummy tuck this year.. I swear I will need my thighs done too eventually.. I would like to wear a bathing suit again.. even my swim shorts arent long even to cover the thigh issue..

Michelle
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/26/11 12:31 am, edited 11/26/11 12:32 am - OH
I cannot tell you about the shapewear (I just endured it and wore clothes that hid it well) , but it is a temporary issue. As you lose the rest of the fat there will be much less jiggle... just the extra skin (which is not noticably "jiggly").

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

beccabecca66
on 11/26/11 1:42 am - Houston, TX
I totally relate.

I was participating in a NIA class a few weeks ago-  We were moving and dancing alternating with sudden stillness and tensing muscles and then back to moving and dancing. 

I started laughing because it seemed that my thighs and belly and butt were still moving during the stillness. 

I'm grateful to have lost so much weight that this is even a concern.  I'm grateful that I was even participating in a group exercise class-- never would i have done that in the past.

I seem to be okay with my arms, but my belly and thighs are just a mess.   I don't think i'll ever have money for plastic surgery--so I'm working hard on accepting my body as it is. 

I do wear leggings under most everything to minimize that jiggle.  As far as the tummy?  I usually end up wearing a form fitting spandex tank top just to hold it in and stop it from moving.

I'm just over a year out.  I still have more to lose.  I remember the surgeon asking what i would think about excess skin... it was hard to imagine at that time what it would be like.   Here i am today, and it is what it is.  I'd rather have lots of wrinkly skin than carry around the equivalent of a grown man every day of my life.

--Becca

regina71
on 11/26/11 10:14 am
I have spanx that I bought pre surgery and haven't put them back on.  I just deal with the jiggle in my wiggle.

I also bought this shaper to go under my shirt from essential bodywear, but bc I'm so short, last time I wore it (for like 10 hours), my kidney's started to hurt.

Just be careful in what you wear and for how long.
Carrie W.
on 11/26/11 11:37 am - KY
I have the same problem!! So the mid thigh slimexpressions don't work well? I'll have to look into something else. I'm beginning to feel like I look good and I want to really look good, kwim?

You're doing fantastic!!
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics