Please I need some help with a Non-Weight Related Item

FinallyFit1
on 12/1/11 5:21 am
I am asking this here because I am sure there will be some response and I don't know where else to go.  First of all I am back on depression drugs as of 4 weeks ago.  10 days ago I bought a GEL Foam Mattress for my bed and I bought a new down duvet.  So all this is happening at relatively the same time.  Here is the catch.  I have been waking up soaked in bed.  This morning my nightgown and sheets were so wet it was awful.  When I stripped the bed ever my mattress cover was damp.  SO...my question is ..is it the gel pad, the down duvet or my new drugs.  I have had a hysterectomy so thought my 'midlife thing' was over.  Can anyone please help me.  I am so stressed.  I would hate to not be able to use the gel pad.  It is great for people with fibromyalgia.

Thanks

rebeccaj
on 12/1/11 5:41 am - Bowling Green, KY
 Just to clarify, are you soaked in sweat??  If it is sweat, throw the down filled duvet at the foot of the bed and sleep under a cotton blanket! (Down is very warm!) I have a memory foam topper and it burns me up in the winter time, so I close the heat vent off in my bedroom and sleep under the blanket only!  Helps a lot and I am able to sleep on my comfy mattress. Hope this helps:)

christinalee
on 12/1/11 6:14 am - At Home in, NH
Don't know what is the culprit? I'd suggest using the process of elimination to determine. First kick the down duvet to the end of the bed for a couple of nights. If you don't sweat, it was the duvet. If you are still sweating, remove the gel foam for a couple of nights (you can put the duvet back on), and if you don't sweat then, it was the foam pad. If you still sweat but you have eliminated the duvet and pad as the culprits, then it obviously has to be the meds. Of course, it could be none of the above and just Mother Nature flexing her mid-life muscles regardless of hysterectomy or not.

Whatever you discover, I recommend buying a "wicking" nightgown. While expensive, they really do help wick the moisture from your body during the night.

Best Wishes (from a fellow damp night sleeper!)

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Monica M.
on 12/1/11 10:07 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
sorr to hijack this..but your doctor's name is actually Looser??? that's hilarious!!

FinallyFit1
on 12/1/11 7:05 am
Thanks for the responses.  I just hate the thoughts of pulling off the gel pad as my husband likes it.  I will try not using the duvet tonight. 
I had never heard of a wick nightgown.  I will check it out.....what will I do the 20 others I have...lol

FinallyFit1
on 12/1/11 7:06 am
Oh and I never have heat on in our room.  Even in the winter I still don't put on the heat.  We have gotten used to that.

grmadeb01
on 12/1/11 7:59 am - FL
we bought a new bed last year, due to me having a very large herniated disc....we got a 10 memory foam bed, not the tempurpedic one tho...and it does sleep hot, when you first get in, it is chilly, but as your body warms up, you kinda sink down and you form a form around your body...like when guys put the foam stuff around their tools in their tool boxes...and the air just does not get to circulate....i read that on the reviews, but i had to get out of my currnet full wave water bed, i got the adjustable base and i just LOVE my new bed..put my head up, put my feet up, what ever i like..hubbys keeps his side down..but yes, the memory foam does sleep hot...but we are getting use to it now...
have a great day
debby
poet_kelly
on 12/1/11 9:56 am - OH
Probably the meds.  A number of depression meds can cause night sweats.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

hlacy
on 12/1/11 11:51 am - Chandler, AZ
It's very common for foam mattresses to cause sweating...I'm not sure about the newer gel foam ones, though.

"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Ladytazz
on 12/1/11 4:20 pm
Did you  have a complete hysterectomy or a partial one?  If you still have your ovaries then you could still be in menopause.  I know because that happened to me.
I just bought a down comforter and duvet, too, and I haven't had any problem with sweating but everyone is different.  If I had to guess I would go with menopause if the ages match up and you have your ovaries.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
Recent Topics