How long?

hjb
on 12/1/11 1:23 pm
Thanks for all of the replies...sounds like a day or two is standard. I was just wondering because I really don't like hospitals... but that seems doable to me
poet_kelly
on 12/1/11 1:34 pm - OH
Let your surgeon  know you prefer to go home as soon as possible.  And then after surgery, do your best getting fluids in and walking.  Even if your doc typically keeps people in two nights, he may be willing to release you sooner if he knows you really want to go home as soon as you can and if you are doing well.  I definitely think it's best to go home as soon as you are ready, because hospitals are full of nasty germs and you don't want to pick anything up.  Even so, though, if you are having problems it's better to stay.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

taylorwayzz
on 12/1/11 8:48 pm - MI
I had my surgery on a wed morning and went home friday afternoon. good luck to you!!!
 Lynnette                 
macjuicy
on 12/1/11 8:50 pm - FL
2 days tops

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 330 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?