Stuck @ 80 lbs

jojo3283
on 12/4/11 3:32 am - OK
So 3 months out and at a stall.... UGH... but glad that 80 lbs is gone... now just what to do to get things jump started again!!!

Doing this for ME !!!                 
      Highest Weight 260 / Surgery Weight 235 /  My Goal 160 / Dr Goal 135                  

Tri_harder
on 12/4/11 3:34 am
Count calories.  Tri
Bettisima
on 12/4/11 3:50 am
How long is your stall? Seriously, if it hasn't been 4-6 weeks since you have lost a single pound, it's not really a stall. Our bodies drop weight, stabilize, and then drop more weight. It's not a smooth and pretty downhill line. It's more like stair steps.

The best thing to do, is evaluate what you are eating. What you are drinking, and make sure you are getting enough water and protein in every day. It is possible you may not be eating enough, 600-800 calories a day isn't enough if you are working out regularly.
LawyerGirl
on 12/4/11 4:38 am - Philadelphia, PA

Congratulations on the success you've had so far.  It's amazing.  Are you exercising? I found that when I hit those moments where the weight loss stopped I tried changing up my exercise routine and making sure I was getting enough water.  Good luck.

Are you living or are you existing?  Check out my blog at http://toexistortolive.blogspot.com to find out!
BWB
on 12/4/11 6:40 am, edited 12/3/11 7:43 pm
http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitaminb12
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ check your food stats here.

I stalled after losing 70 lbs but it eventually picked up again. A friend who has RNY 10 years ago told me that if you aren't getting enough calories or protein you will stop losing. I went to a site that OH members have recommended, entered my menus and sure enough I am too low in both areas.

Paula F.
on 12/4/11 6:53 am - Rochester Hills , MI
Don't despair, your stall is temporary.  I too had hit a stall right after surgery that lasted for weeks.  I had my surgery 3 months ago and have lost just shy of 60 lbs, so don't beat yourself up, you are doing great!

Paula
jojo3283
on 12/4/11 11:12 am - OK

Thanks for the great feedback... think a lot of it is becuase of the lack of calories not getting in all the food I should ulcers acting up.... well guess  I will try harder to fight thru the pain and get the calories in !!!

Doing this for ME !!!                 
      Highest Weight 260 / Surgery Weight 235 /  My Goal 160 / Dr Goal 135                  

Lisa R.
on 12/4/11 11:45 am - CA
 80 lbs in 3 months!  Really!  WOW!  I have lost 83 in 7 months.  I think it might be a good thing that you are slowing down.  I also see you set your goal at 160, I think you are going to get WAY lower then that.  

Take a step back at look at the bigger picture, you are only 3 months into this, you have 18 months to lose it all, you are 80 lbs down and close to your established goal.  AMAZING!  

Sometimes it's not just the destination but also the journey.

Like the other poster said, this WL is like stair steps.  I go weeks at a time losing nothing then BOOM I lose 5-8 lbs in like a week.  It's nuts.  

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand