Post Op Cookbooks/Recipes

Ellen J.
on 12/6/11 2:34 am - Adrian, PA

Does anyone have any suggestions for post op cookbooks or recipe sites? Any books/sites I need to stay away from? 

I'm on my way to a new me!               
dawnie55
on 12/6/11 2:40 am - Garden Grove, CA
well i found a cookbook on Gastric Bypass and its by the people who make DUMMIES books
poet_kelly
on 12/6/11 2:46 am - OH
theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com and bariatricfoodie.com

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Ashleynicholas
on 12/6/11 3:08 am
On December 6, 2011 at 10:46 AM Pacific Time, poet_kelly wrote:
theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com and bariatricfoodie.com
These are great and I also use diabetic ones.
Sara L.
on 12/6/11 4:06 am, edited 12/6/11 4:06 am
I found this book on amazon.....  Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery.  I love everything I have made from it!  It is designed for all weight loss surgeries.  There are recommendations for the different meal plan stages as well...pureed, soft chopped, etc.  I like the flavor combinations, they are a little bit more sophisticated than the basic cookbooks. There are quite a few low fat sauces that have been good additions to my repertoire. I have been able to find everything I needed for the recipes in my local Safeway....and I live on a remote island with limited selection so this is a plus!!

Sara

use the following if the link doesn't work!

http://www.amazon.com/Eating-Well-After-Weight-Surgery/dp/1569244537/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1323201528&sr=1-1

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/6/11 4:23 am - Baltimore, MD
That was my first post-op cookbook!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Not the Same Dawn
on 12/6/11 5:25 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA

food.com or allrecipes.com...the recipes generally have the nutritional values and if you search right, you can find just about anything you want or need.

Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
Ellen J.
on 12/6/11 9:50 am - Adrian, PA
 Thanks guys! These all sound great. I'm already hooked on egg face! And this was the first time I'd checked it out! LOL
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views