pre-op diet/weight loss

140angel
on 12/13/11 1:14 pm
How much weight did you loose on your pre-op diet?  I have been on the liquid part of the  "liver shrinking diet" for three weeks and have two more weeks to go!  I have lost 14 pounds so far, yah me. But, I am starving.....all I think about is food.  Just wondering how everyone else has done. If your wondering why I have to do liquid part for five weeks because my liver is large   I was originally scheduled for surgery on 12/6.  Surgeon did not want to chance it.
Sara L.
on 12/13/11 2:05 pm
Wow, it takes some willpower to do the liquid diet for five weeks!! Unjury chicken soup got me through. I was on liquids for 7 days and I lost close to 10 pounds.
Good luck with yours, stay strong and make it easy for your surgeon!
Sara in Maui

wvugal89
on 12/13/11 11:26 pm - MD
I've been on it for over a week now and have lost 8 pounds. The food thoughts go away as for me  I am staying out of teachers lounges at my schools because I would be to tempted with all of the treats our parents keep bringing in. I am also not going to my all time favorite Christmas Party  on Saturday- known as the Grinch party because there is no way I could follow my diet and my surgery is on Tuesday. ( Picture 100 adults eating, drinking and watching the cartoon version of the Grinch and singing every word by heart!) . Just remember that you are doing this for you and in the end you will be so grateful! As for me I know I will go to the Grinch Party next year and I will be fabulous!

Teri-Lynn
KatReDo
on 12/14/11 12:03 am
MIne does not require one, just nothing by mouth after midnight the night before. I did ask why I did not have to do one (seems like I am one of the few), my NUT told me "seeing how you have already lost some weight, your liver is already shrinking".   I am worried about my liver flopping about, so I am doing a pre-op diet of my own.....I have 1 meal of lean protien (like chicken), a serving of veggies, a serving of fruit and the rest of the day I sip on my shakes. Not sure if its necessary for me to do it seeing how I wasn't told to, but it makes me feel better! I have lost 7 more lbs since I have started that little over a week ago! Good luck to you............. My date is Dec. 23rd!
janers123
on 12/14/11 4:42 am - UT

Congrats on your 14 lb loss, I feel for you doing a 5 week diet.  Mine has been a 2 week diet, my surgery is on the 19th. I have lost 19 lbs with 4 days to go.  I think it has gotten easier being on it then the first 4 days. Good luck and keep up the good work.

Laura in Texas
on 12/14/11 5:09 am
Wowwee!! I thought I was going to die being on my 2 week liquid diet. I feel so badly for you!! Hang in there. I lost 20 pounds in the 2 weeks I was on my liquid diet.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 421 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 506 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 487 views