11 pounds in 3 weeks!?

glzgowlass
on 12/20/11 1:58 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
I third it.

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

CarolinaJerseyGirl
on 12/20/11 1:52 am
Your surgery was on 11/29 and you've lost 11 lbs. in the last 3 weeks and you're complaining? Headed for depression? What are you going to do when you hit your 1st stall? People lose at all different rates. Some faster in the beginning, some slower. When I was 3 weeks post op I didn't lose an ounce for the next 3 weeks. Some months I lost 3-4 # only. Now at 10 months out I am down 90#. You just have to keep doing what you're supposed to do. Have some patience and maybe stay away from the scale for a while.
Sandy  

Mia H.
on 12/21/11 1:50 am - OH
 I was thinking the same thing.  I lost 20lbs in my first month and was thrilled, then I hit my first stall.  I honestly think people's expectations are very high with this surgery. To the OP, you'll lose the weight just be patient.  Also, keep in mind that you are also losing the excess water weight and bloatedness from just having surgery.  I actually gained a few pounds after surgery and had to lose that too. 

Cheryl N.
on 12/20/11 2:09 am - Des Moines, WA
Not everyone loses at the same rate. 

I'm 4.5 months out and i went from 205 lbs to 165 and I'm happy!!!! I could have went from 205 to 245 lbs in 4.5 months if I didn't have the surgery.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Hillery82211
on 12/20/11 2:30 am - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
On December 20, 2011 at 9:32 AM Pacific Time, xtine wrote:
Seriously!? What the F am I doing wrong!? 2 to 4 ounces per meal. Minimal snacks. 800ish cals a day. Getting all of my protein and most of my water in. I don't get it. I see major depression headed my way...
You're not doing anything wrong.  There is nothing WRONG with your rate of weightloss.  11 pounds in three weeks is NORMAL weightloss post RNY.  Comparing yourself to folks here on OH will have you ready to willingly walk the plank.  There are some people that post some pretty impressive numbers....but take those numbers with a grain of salt.  Some people count thier weightloss from surgery day...some from thier "highest weight"...whi*****ludes a large amount of weightloss pre-op.  As my Granny used to say 'everything that glitters ain't gold".

So take a deep breathe.....and another.....and another.  Rinse and repeat.
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
Sliming Stina
on 12/20/11 3:21 am
On December 20, 2011 at 10:30 AM Pacific Time, Hillery82211 wrote:
On December 20, 2011 at 9:32 AM Pacific Time, xtine wrote:
Seriously!? What the F am I doing wrong!? 2 to 4 ounces per meal. Minimal snacks. 800ish cals a day. Getting all of my protein and most of my water in. I don't get it. I see major depression headed my way...
You're not doing anything wrong.  There is nothing WRONG with your rate of weightloss.  11 pounds in three weeks is NORMAL weightloss post RNY.  Comparing yourself to folks here on OH will have you ready to willingly walk the plank.  There are some people that post some pretty impressive numbers....but take those numbers with a grain of salt.  Some people count thier weightloss from surgery day...some from thier "highest weight"...whi*****ludes a large amount of weightloss pre-op.  As my Granny used to say 'everything that glitters ain't gold".

So take a deep breathe.....and another.....and another.  Rinse and repeat.
 I LOVE your granny's saying! 
laura_vermont
on 12/20/11 2:35 am

I agree with the others here.  Look at your expectations.  Pre-op I was just hoping to manage 10lbs a month..... if you did that, you'd be at goal by Christmas next year! 

Chin up, you're doing awesome!

Laura

High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Cheryl N.
on 12/20/11 2:35 am - Des Moines, WA
Also keep in mind people who lost fast, have a tendency to regain again,  regardless of how they lost weight, on their own or WLS, and those who lose slower have better chances of keeping it off.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Solio
on 12/20/11 8:46 am - China
 Is there research on that?  I've never heard that and I'm just wondering where you got that info.  Does that specifically apply to WLS or to people trying to lose weight in general?   I imagine people who use fad diets for 2 months and then stop will gain and lose rapidly.  Is that the same for WLS?  I don't doubt what you're saying, I just haven't heard it before and I would like to learn more.  Thanks!

jkay05
on 12/20/11 2:38 am
ok I'm gonna sound *****y here..but well I just dont care. You're nuts! NO that wasn't meant offensive. You aren't as far out as me I dont think unless I read that wrong. I have lost weight and stalled for about 2 wks barely losing anything. Now I'm losing again. To see this post, Im sorry but major depression for 11lbs in 3 wks?? How would you feel if you lost 5 lbs in 3 wks? It could be worse! And who are you racing anyway? What did you wanna lose 30 in 3 wks? I think this whole thing is about the final long term path and realistic wl expectations. I dont think a huge amount in 3 weeks is very realistic. Ok I am sorry I had to vent. I'm really not usually this way. But some people lose faster than others, your body is doing what it wants. LET IT BE! 

Most Active
Recent Topics